Fix Stat Polarity

Obryn

Hero
I hadn't heard that side... thought it was just +1.

Amusingly, then, I'd just remove that feat from the game if I made the chance, since that's pretty much the bonus I just gave, even down to the levels. :)
I think I'll just leave it as-is. It's bland and somewhat boring, but the more I think about it the more I think it's still not quite as good as Superior Weapon Proficiency for weapon-users. By the same token, I don't think it's nearly as good as the Dwarven or Eladrin weapon feats.

It's still one of the best feats in the game, IMHO. It's certainly better than weapon focus, for example. It's definitely up there with Toughness. I don't think it's quite to the point where I'd ask who'd take anything else, but I do think everyone will probably get it within the Heroic tier.

(There's also an Implement Expertise feat which is probably exactly the same as Implement Focus.)

If someone's worried about balance, a quick fix might be to require another feat as a prerequisite - say, Weapon Focus.

-O

Nymrohd

First Post
Exactly, weapon expertise is a math fix, and is better intergrated. If something is necessary and too good for a feat slot, give it for free.

keterys

First Post
Exactly, weapon expertise is a math fix, and is better intergrated. If something is necessary and too good for a feat slot, give it for free.

Precisely - it's a math fix that I'd been thinking of just wrapping in with a house rule, I had no idea they'd made the feat to do so.

The sad thing is that it pretty much forces you to select an implement type... I'm not really a huge fan of enforced weapon / implement specialization. Ah well.

Last edited:

Remove ads