For real this time: What is your stance on 4e

What is your current stance on 4e?

• I love 4e and am not going back to 3.x

Votes: 117 41.2%
  • I love 4e but still will play 3.x

Votes: 41 14.4%
  • I like 4e and 3.x the same

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • I like 4e but still love 3.x more, but I have not played 4e or own the books

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • I like 4e and have played it or own books, but I still love 3.x more

Votes: 17 6.0%
  • I dislike 4e and have played it and own the books

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • I dislike 4e and have played it but do not own the books

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • I dislike 4e and own the books but I have not played it

Votes: 20 7.0%
  • I dislike 4e but have not played it and do not own the books

Votes: 34 12.0%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

First Post
Disliked the direction of 3.5 and what came afterwards. Read lots of 4E previews, reviews, comments from boosters, watched the GSL process closely. Definitely not for me.

maggot

First Post
Again, a strange poll. If you like 4e, you mostly don't care if I've played it or read the books. If I don't like 4e, you want to know if I've played it or read the book. A sense some bias.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I prefer Fourth Edition.

I gave my players the option of sticking to revised Third Edition for our Rise of the Runelords game, but I was quite pleased when each of them said they'd be happy to convert over to Fourth.

If someone asked me to play in a Third Edition game, I would consider it, but I have to admit I would want to hear a good reason why Third and not Fourth.

If I were to go back to any edition it'd be AD&D 2e with some holdovers from 1st (classes namely).

But so far, 4e's been good enough where even that won't be necessary.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Own the books. Haven't played it yet, but I don't particularly care to.

I appreciate a lot of the good ideas that went into the design, and I'd like to see them implemented into a 3.X structure... but I really dislike how restrictive the new class system has become, especially given the lack of real multiclassing options.

Maybe it's my penchant for weird-ass characters, but I can't think of a single 3e character of mine that I could play in 4e-- and even with new classes in later products, I do not see a good chance of ever being able to.

Najo

First Post
Korimyr the Rat said:
Own the books. Haven't played it yet, but I don't particularly care to.

I appreciate a lot of the good ideas that went into the design, and I'd like to see them implemented into a 3.X structure... but I really dislike how restrictive the new class system has become, especially given the lack of real multiclassing options.

Maybe it's my penchant for weird-ass characters, but I can't think of a single 3e character of mine that I could play in 4e-- and even with new classes in later products, I do not see a good chance of ever being able to.

I would be curious to see one or two of those characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads