For the Children [OOC Thread]

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Oops.

I've ran it too.

I personally have no problem keeping character and player knowledge seperate and can let those who have never played it solve the riddles and stuff.

It doesn't have to be the Sunless Citadel.

How about Forge of Fury? I've never played it.

Sodalis

First Post
Akunin
OK - I had assumed that the players who were interested in taking part had not played through it.

I'd like this to be everyone's first time through the adventure, since a player who ran through it before would be easily prepared for many of the encounters, and could spoil it for the others.

i played through it two years ago, and can barely remember the details. i just remember the stroy. But i promise that I am not playin to outshine evryone (and show that i know everything)... I am playing cause i want to have fun- and will play my char as if I had not played this mod before.

That is why i picked a monk- so that I can RP- and not hak my way through the encounter.

and with my low int and cha, I wont be making that much input to the plots and plans taht will come up later. i am a loner, and will tend to keep to myself... so notalkee out of me....:(

Sodalis

First Post
i think we will haev to change to FoF. Ashrem, Osis, Kender, and myself have all either read through, ran or played it. The only person left is Reaper, and he is the fighter (most probably low int) which means that there is little to no planning.

and having one person lead four others through somethign is not what I want to play. I wanted to play somethign where there is a lot of communication and planning- and this will not do.

FoF sounds good. i bought it a while back, but never read or played it. My group rotated DMs before I could run it, and when it was my turn again, they were all lvl 7.

but it is up to Akunin on what to do-

i am perfectly happy playing SC cause I can keep player and PC knowledge separatea dn play for fun...

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
I'm not sure that it would be a problem to run the Citadel, but I'm willing to play just about anything.

I'd actually really love to go through Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil.

Or Forge of Fury

Or...heck. Just about anything.

The Kender

First Post
Do whatever. I also do not have a problem with keeping character and player knowledge seperate, but it might be more fun if we do a module that we have not played. I have not read Forge of Fury. Sunless Citadel is the only Premade Module that I have ever read/played/ran.

Sodalis

First Post
I am willing to play FoF, that's what a lvl 3-5 module?

RtTEE is higher up,a nd I don't like higher lvl games. It takes teh RP out of the PC and all they do is lob their spells and the fighter bulks upon armor and becomes a tank- and all the planning goes out the window.

I like games where there is a ot of planing,a nd the threat that you can die, not from a massive spell, but from a little trap that was overlooked, or well placed...

I'm cool with what ever Akunin wants to do, but i agree thaty the sunless citidel shouldn't be a problem. I don't remeber much any way, and wouldn't cheat if i did.

Akunin

First Post
Oi. Wish someone had mantioned this before, since nearly everyone already knows about the adventure...

No worries. Finish up the characters, advance 'em to level 2, and I'll surprise you with an adventure that I don't think any of you have seen, yet :)

Remove ads