For the Children [OOC Thread]

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Re: Re: Shade - The Shadow Elf

Akunin said:

Very nice. The formatting rocks! Thank you for making looking it over so easy on my eyes!

I had reservations when I saw "Chaotic Neutral" but the background looks great - Sounds like a character trying to do "the right thing", even if he is a little self-absorbed. ;)

Thanks! Glad you like it. Yea, he starts off mean, but he'll probably be more "good" as he hangs around the other characters more.

As for worshipping Mask, well, he is a bit misguided.

Sodalis

First Post
Sodarin Underwood
Male wild elf- monk(1)
Deity: Helm LN
Region: Tethyr
EXP: 1000

STR : 16
DEX : 16 = 14+2 race
CON : 12
INT : 10 = 12-2 race
WIS : 14
CHA : 8

HP : 9
INI : 3
AC : 15 (flatfooted-12)

SAVES:
F: 4 (base 2+ 1 con + 1 luck)
R: 6 (base 2+ 3 dex + 1 luck)
W 5 (base 2+ 2 wis +1 luck)

ATTACK
unarmed attack+3 (1d6+3), Siangham+3 (1d6+3)
RACIAL ABILITIES : immune to sleep, +2 save v enchant, low light vision (60 ft), prof with rapier and bows (short and long), secret door detection (5')

CLASS ABILITIES : impr unarm strike, stunning attack, evasion
LANGUAGES : common, Chondathan

FEATS luck of heroes

SKILLS (ranks-16):
balance : 3
climb : 3
escape artist : 4(1)
hide : 6(3)
jump : 3
listen : 6(2) +2 elf
move silent : 7(4)
search : 2(0) +2 elf
sense motive : 3(2/2- cc)
spot : 4(0) +2 elf
swim : 0 = 3 (-3 encumbrance)
tumble : 7(4)

EQUIPMENT
siangham 3 gp 1 lb
monk outfit 5 gp 2 lb
backpack 2 gp 2 lb
waterskin 1 gp 4 lb
bedroll 1 sp 5 lb
2 days' ration 1 gp 2 lb
potion- cure moderate - -

total 12 gp 1 sp 16 lb
money left : 9 sp

encumbrance :
light 76 lb
medium 153 lb
heavy 230 lb

BACKGROUND
Everyone knows the old saying about a fool and his money, but has anyone ever heard of a peasant and his love? Of course not- no one ever does. A fool and his gold are soon departed, but a peasant and his love were never united. And so it will be for all my life- alone and wandering.

My family grew up as hunter/gatherers on the outskirts of Tethyr, completely content with my life. But that all changed when a foreign merchant came through to trade in the town of Candlekeep. With him, he brought his daughter, the most beautiful elf I have ever seen. She appeared in a glance, and disappeared in a wink.
Feeling bold, I left the protection of my home at the tender age of 29, and headed towards Candlekeep where I hoped I would find her.

I would see her again after four long years. Her father had taken a liking to the town, and started a trading post in Beregost. I snuck into her room one night, and explained my love for her, and she immediately fell for me- Cecilia Tearymoon. We had joyous days, and wondrous nights. But when her father found out about us, our lives would never be the same.
I begged and pleaded my case, telling of the love I have for hey, but he would have nothing of it. I fell to my knees and begged him to let me see her, but he threw my aside and slammd the door in my face. I knelt at his doorstep for twelve days; the sun beating at my head, the rain drumming on my shoulders, and hunger pounding from within.

The door finally opened and Moravis (father) came out. He bent over to help me up, with smirk on his face. He spoke to me softly, though I could not hear from the hunger and exhaustion, as he helped me into the house.

"My dear boy," he said, "If you can prove that you truly love my daughter, then you shall have your wish."
Eager to hear that he is finally understanding, I perked up and leapt forward with anxiety, "anything, anything sir..." I said as I fell to the ground, weak and hungry.
He helped me up once more, "have you heard fo Hercules?"
"My father have told me the tales, yes.." I replied.
"Hercules performed 12 arduous tasks for king Eurystheus of Tiryns to show his repentance for his murders. If you truly love my daughter, then you will have to do the same. "
"If I can just have the chance...."
"You will rest up here. And in one weeks' time, I will tell you what your tasks shall be." and he waved to a servant to take me into my room, where food and clothing waited for me.
He stuck his head into the doorway and smiled, "I hope you won't disappoint me..."

A week pased and I was anxious to see my beloved Celcilia again. But Moravis said that she is in the far east studying, and will not be back for years. this would give me plenty of time to complete the tasks and return in time to wed her.
He handed me a box, and said that I had twelve years to accomplish my mission. If I did not do this- never return.

He quickly ushered me off and wished me good luck, I marched out of his house, the town, and even the region before i realised that i forgot to look at my missions. i found the scroll that was marked (1) and opened it. it just said i had to go to teh Jungles of Shult to fetch a red berry. i traveled there in a couple of weeks and found the area filled with red berries. I quickly grabbed a few and on to the next mission.

After all 12 missions were accomplished, taking me a little less than seven years, I hurried on home. I ran through his door and into his house. There, I found the family having dinner, but one person shy. Cecilia was still not back yet. I approached Moravios and handed him the chest full of things. He could not recognise me. After jogging his memory for a couple of minutes, he finally let out a bellowing laugh. "My dear boy, you actually did it?" and he laughed some more...

I was quickly kicked out of the house with no explaination. I once again knelt outside his door for days. One day, a girl passed behind me, but I paid little attention to her. She whispered in my ear that Moravis was just toying with me. She said that once you had left the town, Moravis had married off Cecilia to another merchant family. i do not know why, but as she walked away, i can hear her crying, and her posture slumped. maybe she too can feel my pain....

Realising that i will never see my beloved Cecilia again, I was a broken man. Years of labor, and for what? Nothing. i lost my will to live. Hungry and without friend, I collapsed on the doorstep of a monastery, where a monk nursed me back to health. he taught me of inner peace, and strength of will.

I finally convinced myself that to live my life as if this entire episode never happened. Life goes on. And so the tale of a peasant, wandering... alone... until the end of his days.

Entrokin meditates four hours a day, and practices his monk traditionf for another four. He takes his training very seriusly and will not let anything hinder its progress. It is probablyt the onlything that is keeping his sanity.

He is slender, but muscular. his skin is dark brown with patches of grey. His hair, too is brown with patches of black. standing 4'9" 120 pounds, he fears no man or beast. Although he is smart enough to know which fights he can and cannot win, he will more often opt to fight. Rough and rugged, but with experience on his side, Entrokin will think before he acts, but once in action, he rarely thinks.

Last edited:

reapersaurus

First Post
i liked the first-person story.
it was neat reading, but the introduction of the monk at the end was a surprise to me.
Kinda came out of nowhere?

Considering the background, maybe your character should have spent lots of ranks in Sense Motive... :)

I've narrowed my decision down to either a riding dog mounted-combat halfling, or a human spiked-chain weilder.

The Kender

First Post
I'll answer your questions:

Q. While they were prisoners, what did the people do? Were they just kept in the building for years, or were they made to work?
A. They were forced to work out in fields, but there were tall fences around the fields.

Q. She was given the weapon and armor while a captive. Was Patrick a fellow slave?
A. Patrick was a fellow slave. He was recently sold.

Q. Marina tricked her guard into letting her out before making her escape. Was she wearing her armor and carrying her mace at this time?
A. She is wearing her armor and carrying her mace presently. Whatever is listed under equipment.

She did not see her parents killed. They may still be alive (Possible adventure hook right there DM.)

Remove ads