For the Children [OOC Thread]

Sodalis

First Post
PHEW- some breathing room. Having 9 HP was a lil scary. One touch and you are dead....

but having 15 is a lot better. (d8/2+1 +1 con = 6)

akunin:

I'll surprise you with an adventure that I don't think any of you have seen, yet

hmmmmmm- homebrew or premade? if it is homebrew, I would guess it as the Sunny Citadel.... :D

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Akunin said:
Oi. Wish someone had mantioned this before, since nearly everyone already knows about the adventure...

No worries. Finish up the characters, advance 'em to level 2, and I'll surprise you with an adventure that I don't think any of you have seen, yet :)

Sounds great! Same location and world?

Question: Will you allow Monte's varient Ranger?

We are you using the class books right? Any broblem with Expert Tactician as per Song and Silence?

Last edited:

reapersaurus

First Post
ya, this is the kind of stuff that we should nail down before going gung-ho into an adventure... LOL :)
"For the experience!", and all that... ;)

The Iconic Adventure already discussed, and rejected RttToEE, because with PbP adventures, it would proabably take about 5 years to finish, as I understand.

Akunin - cool with the new (custom?) adventure , and I'm glad we're gonna go with level 2 - there's less creativity of character design with only one level...

Akunin - would the needed class spread be the same?
I'll be a fighter-type, but i don't need to be a straight fighter, right?

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
reapersaurus said:
Akunin - would the needed class spread be the same?
I'll be a fighter-type, but i don't need to be a straight fighter, right?

I would say as long as you can hold the front line, your ok.

As my group would say: "We need a bash master."

Sodalis

First Post
Ashrem:

I would say as long as you can hold the front line, your ok.

As my group would say: "We need a bash master."

Heck- with the character I have.. I can hole the front lines: *flexes like a body builder*
one attack a round, at a +4 mind you, 15 AC, and a whopping... oh that's all he has.

But in any case- I am a tank if you ever seen one....:D :D

and one more thing- since I am a monk- and every part of me is a weapon (knees, foot, head...) I can carry a bow, and have it armed, and still be able to get of AoOs and fight in melee.... right?

man.. what a world!! :D

reapersaurus

First Post
Sodalis said:
and one more thing- since I am a monk- and every part of me is a weapon (knees, foot, head...) I can carry a bow, and have it armed, and still be able to get of AoOs and fight in melee.... right
AFAIK, no you can't.

I know it makes realistic sense to be able to kick while you're firing a bow, but they only gave monks the same defense/AoO stuff as everyone else.
Unless it specifically says you can do so, you can't.

It's similar to a person using a 2 handed weapon, and saying they can use Armor Spikes to clunk someone with a shoulder.

No dice.

reapersaurus

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:
Can i use Magic of faerun and tome and blood as a source for spells, and if so do i get the new cantrips for free?
I seem to remember a thread in the Rules Forum a couple weeks ago on this.

As i recall, all the DM's here said no, you don't get the cantrips as automatically known.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Savris Ko’thari (Moon Shadow) aka. Shade

Moon Elf
1st level Rogue / 1st level Urban Ranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Religion: Mask
Experience: 1,000 / 3,000

ABILITY SCORES
STR: 14 (+2)
DEX: 18 (+3)
CON: 10 (+0)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 10 (+0)

SAVING THROWS
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +0

Hit Points: 12
Initiative: +6 (+2 Thug Feat)
Armor Class: 17 (+4 Dexterity, +3 Masterwork Studded Leather Armor)

ATTACKS
Masterwork Shortsword x 2 +4 Att, 1d6+2* Dmg (Dual Wielding - +2/+2 1d6+2* x 2)
Masterwork Lt. Crossbow +6 Att, 1d8* Dmg
Dagger x 2 +3(+5) Att, 1d4+2* Dmg

*+1 Damage when fighting humans within 30’.

SPECIAL RACIAL AND CLASS ABILITIES
Low Light Vision
Immune to Sleep
+2 Saving Throw vs. Enchantments
Trance
Secret Door Detection
+2 Spot, Search, & Listen

Sneak Attack, +1d6
Trap Detection
Bonus Feat
Shadow (Replaces Track)
Favored Enemy: Human

FEATS
Thug (Regional Feat)

SKILLS – Number of ranks in parenthesis.
Appraise +4(2), Balance +6(1); Bluff +5(5)*; Climb +2(0); Diplomacy +7(5); Disable Device +7(1); Escape Artist +4(0); Gather Information +4(4); Hide +8(2); Intimidate +8(3); Jump +5(1); Listen +5(3)*; Move Silently +9(5); Open Lock +6(1); Pick Pocket +8(2), Read Lips +3(1), Sense Motive +2(2)*, Search +7(3); Spot +8(4)*; and Tumble +9(5)

Preadventure Skills: Appraise (2), Diplomacy (1), Bluff (1). The last two his father tought him about haggling over prices.

*+1 When dealing with humans.

EQUIPMENT
Masterwork Studded Leather Armor, Masterwork Short Sword x 2 , Masterwork Light Crossbow, Dagger x 2, Backpack w/ Quiver, Belt pouch x 3, Bandoleer, Alchemist’s Fire x 2, Expandable Pole, Garrote Wire, Locking Garrote, 50’ String (holds 50 lbs.), 50’ Silk Rope w/ Grappling Hook, Caltrops (4 uses), Sunrod x 2, Tindertwig x 2, Pitons x 5, Small hammer, Masterwork Thieves’ Tools, Manacles, 5 small stones, Steel mirror, Acid (flask), Signal Whistle, Oil (1 pint flask) x 2, and Flint & steel

TREASURE
75 gold pieces
3 silver pieces
5 copper pieces
Golden hoop earring (2gp)

BACKGROUND & DESCRIPTION
Savris stands about 5ft 4 inches tall. He has long straight black hair and cold ice blue eyes. His muscles dense and strong, Savris moves with catlike grace. He wears black leather armor and covers it with a black cloak that often hides his visage. He wears two masterwork short swords strapped to his back hilt down for easy access and are concealed by his cloak.

Born along the Dragon Coast, in the huge trade city of Westgate, Savris was among very few elves in the city. His father was a wealthy merchant who controlled a great deal of the silk trade along the Coast. Not content to sit and watch his father grow fat on the coin of others, he set out to make his own name. Not as a semi-honest merchant, but as a member of the thieves’ guild known as the Night Masks. Using his father’s less wholesome contacts, he managed to gain membership as an apprentice.

His fellows in the Night Masks turned him to the servitude of Mask. It seemed like the dark deity granted him a special blessing, for as soon as he began to pray to him, he became more successful. However, Savris found some of the more heinous practices of the Night Masks to be too much for him and he began looking for a way out. Not really wanting to leave the guild, he convinced his superiors to let him travel to the Western Heartlands.

Recently he has found himself in the large town of Beregost. Here he plans to rest a bit before moving on to Baldur’s Gate and making contact with its thieves’ guild who, he has heard, is also led by a devout worshipper of Mask. He has hopes that these worshippers of Mask aren’t as sadistic as the ones he left behind, for he is not an evil man. He just know the power of the shadows and that he has to look out for number one.

Last edited:

Remove ads