For the Children [OOC Thread]

Sodalis

First Post
Akunin, Reaper said NO, but the people in the Rules forum says YES, and so I wanted to see what you say about it- since you are the DM.

teh PHB says that all part fo a monk's body is a weapon. So if I have a bow drawn, do I still get to make melee attacks (like a kik or a headbunt) or do i have to drop the bow?

what about AoOs?

it doesnt matter both ways. It just makes life easier for me if I dont have to drop the bow....

:D

Last edited:

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Got Shade finished. Used the PHB version of the Ranger with the Urban Varient.

What are the chances I could drop my favored enemy for the Persuasive (+2 Bluff and Intimidate) or Trustworthy (+2 Gather Info and Diplomacy) feats? ;)

Be sure to check out my character's cool masterwork short swords!

Is there any background info we should know?

Last edited:

Akunin

First Post
Everyone
What happened to Jarandus? Did we lose a player? If so, someone emailed me with an interest in playing should someone drop out. I've gamed with him before, and he's very flexible and fun to play with, but it's up to you players.

Sodalis
I just reread the AoO rules in the SRD, and it looks like ANYONE can make an AoO with a punch or kick while weilding a bow. If they don't have Improved Unarmed Strike, they might draw an AoO on themselves, as well.

So, yes, it looks like you COULD carry the bow and opt to kick in combat, or do bare-handed AoOs.

NEAT! I learned something today! ;)

Sir Osis
Starting money as determined by the PC Wealth By Level table in the DMG. Note that since the game is set in the Realms, characters meeting Regional / Class combination requirements at first level qualify for additional equipment (see FRCS for more info).

The Kender
I don't see there being a problem with having a secondary Cleric in the party. It certainly can't hurt, and your single-classed Cleric will always have the edge in that field over a multi-classed Wizard / Celric. I'm looking to work the scenario so that every character has opportunities to take center stage.

Sorry for the confusion on the skills rule - I re-worded it. What I meant to get across was that every character gets four more skill ranks to represent things they did or learned before their adventuring days - things like languages, or professions, or crafts.

Sodalis

First Post
Akunin:
I just reread the AoO rules in the SRD, and it looks like ANYONE can make an AoO with a punch or kick while weilding a bow. If they don't have Improved Unarmed Strike, they might draw an AoO on themselves, as well.

So, yes, it looks like you COULD carry the bow and opt to kick in combat, or do bare-handed AoOs.

NEAT! I learned something today!

cool- I can kik and beat people withmy head....

Sorry for the confusion on the skills rule - I re-worded it. What I meant to get across was that every character gets four more skill ranks to represent things they did or learned before their adventuring days - things like languages, or professions, or crafts

cool, I can add a couple more skill points to my sense motive

thanks

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
What about my character? All he has ever really done has been a thief. Never done an honest days work. His father was a merchant so he didn't need any money until he struck out on his own, as a thief.

Not sure where to put my skills other than pick pockets and move silently type stuff. *shrugs*

I believe Sir Osis took Jarandus' place.

Akunin

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
What are the chances I could drop my favored enemy for the Persuasive (+2 Bluff and Intimidate) or Trustworthy (+2 Gather Info and Diplomacy) feats? ;)

Sorry. It's already too tempting to take just one level of Ranger ;)

As for the skills - maybe he picked up a thing or two from his Father, like another language, or appraisal, or another trade-related skill.

Is there any background info we should know?

Everyone:
I'm going to move the setting of the game to Beregost itself. I'll post some pre-game text in a little bit. If your character is done to your satisfaction, please email it to me (you can get my address from my profile).

/me smacks his forehead

Sorry, Sir Osis - didn't realize you had taken place of the other player :) I was thinking we had 6 players...

Sodalis

First Post
Ashrem Bayle:

Not sure where to put my skills other than pick pockets and move silently type stuff. *shrugs*

how about move silent, hide, pick pocket, knowledge(any skills), use rope, disguise, appraise...

these are things taht shade should have learned before, and during his stay at Beregost.

edit: all four of mine went into sense motive- as Sodarin was fooled by Modavis in his attempt to get rid of me for a while and marry off cecilia.

edit #2:
Akunin
What happened to Jarandus? Did we lose a player? If so, someone emailed me with an interest in playing should someone drop out. I've gamed with him before, and he's very flexible and fun to play with, but it's up to you players.

I don't really mind havng another player. I am just a monk, and another melee fighter would be a nice addition.

actually, we don't have a pure arcane caster yet- since the wiz will be wiz/clr...

whatever.....its up to you Mr Dm. its your adv,a dn your game.... although ashrem started it...

Last edited:

Akunin

First Post
The important thing to remember about the 4 extra skill points is that they're not to be used to boost your ability as an adventurer so much as they are to be used to tell us what you did before you learned to wield a sword or cast a spell. Look at your background write-ups - there are plenty pf skills that can come from them ;)

Sorry, Sir Osis - didn't realize you had taken place of the other player I was thinking we had 6 players...

Acctualy I thought you had oked me taking the slot:confused: , whoops maybe it was Ashrem that oked it. Oh, well, seems straight now anyway.

Just wanted you to know, i wasn't trying to jump in univited, cool?:D

Remove ads