• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For the Greater Good - Full

Velenne

Explorer
I know, I know, you said no more ECL than +4 but....

Savage Species has the Hound Archon as 11 ECL. That fits under the cap and matches the setting...it would be really neat to play one! Yup, sure would.... ;)

Absolute Zero

First Post
are we aloud to use the Monster of Legend template from the Monster Manual II, its only a +2. I only ask because I would only be able to use it on a beast, magical beast, or monstrous humanoid.

And by saying you dont get the feats or skills, that includes the feat that half-celestials get every fourth level right?

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Velenne - Well, I'll probably let you play something, provided I own it and you have a most excellent story. I don't own SS, but I do own the Monster Manual. Now tell me true, compare me the SS hound archon to the 3.0 MM hound archon and tell me what, if anything, would be different. Then I shall ponder, and let you know. What would be the one class level you were thinking of taking?

Absolute Zero - I might allow that, but what beast, magical beast, or monstrous humanoid were you thinking of applying it to?

Last edited:

Halivar

First Post
Absolute Zero said:
are we aloud to use the Monster of Legend template from the Monster Manual II, its only a +2.
The CR rating is +2. I imagine the LA would be much higher. Does SS include the MM2 templates?

EDIT: Wow... I might be the only straight human in this outfit.

EDIT EDIT: Ray Silver, do we need to post characters here or e-mail them to you?

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I'll put up a Rogue's Gallery here shortly and you can post them there.

And now that I've had a chance to ponder it, I think I'm going to try to keep it as simple as a 12th level game will allow. No hound archon Velenne, and no monster of legend template Absolute Zero. I don't have SS, and I fear the hound archon's teleport at will ability. And I don't have time to assess the monster of legend ECL, and some of those abilities listed are very scary.

[edit] Rogue's Gallery is up. Rogue's Gallery Thread

I shall be calling this game: For the Greater Good.

Last edited:

Absolute Zero

First Post
Ray Silver said:
Yup yup. The offers in the first post still stand so you can go with the half-dragon or half-celestial. Both of which I'm assessing a +4 ECL.

wut do ya mean by assessing them a +4, like ur makin them +4

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Cool, I'm getting all the lurkers out of the woodwork! Sure, welcome aboard Heavy_D!

I'll now be taking three alternates for those still interested.

Just a point now: Does everyone own, or will own within two weeks either the Book of Hallowed Might or the Book of Exalted Deed?

Remove ads