• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FORBES: Out of the Abyss preview

Article here. Mostly just covers NPCs in the campaign and that's it, along with respective portraits. Have to say, so far it seems like I was watching a Saturday morning cartoon reading about them all Is that bad? This looks absolutely amazing to me.

Article here. Mostly just covers NPCs in the campaign and that's it, along with respective portraits. Have to say, so far it seems like I was watching a Saturday morning cartoon reading about them all

Is that bad? This looks absolutely amazing to me.

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
Alice and Wonderland whimsy mixed into an Underdark adventure sounds like a great idea for most people here? Really?

Certainly does to me. I like NPCs that have character, and I love a bit of levity in a game. It's about fun - being dark and serious about D&D does not make it any less geeky.

Quickleaf

Legend
This stuff passes my sniff test.

My sniff test, for the record, is "does this look like it'll be fun to use at the table."

These NPC's totally sound like they'll be fun to use at the table, and it's a big improvement from the fairly generic NPC's I had in Lost Mine of Phandelver.

I'm totally with you on that one. I've heard about expeditionary forces into the Underdark which I like, seen some really provocative takes on demon lords, liked the derro writeup, and these whimsical NPCs jump off the page.

This will be my first WotC purchase after the core books for 5e. Very excited to incorporate stuff from it into my Night Below / Underdark game!

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Um - did folks complaining that this is silly actually read the captions under each of those pictures?

I'm not going to quote anything here for spoiler purposes, but while I think some DMs might run with the silly, for others the game might end up being as silly as Pan's Labyrinth.

Ok...I'll be the first to admit my skepticism regarding this module. However, after reading this preview and learning of the very interesting NPC's, I have to say that my interest is certainly piqued.

Remove ads

Remove ads