• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Force Bullets (custom item)

Jeph

Explorer
Force bullets are small, engraved pebbles, with runes carved along their flat surface.

When thrown, they transform into a 1d4+1 magic missile. Up to 5 Force Bullets can be thrown as a standard action.

Caster Level: 1, Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Magic Missile, Market Price: 50 gp, Weight: -

Kale78

First Post
sounds cool, now just construct a device that expels the bullets at high speed, perhaps with a telekinetic push and you have yourself a magic-missile-pistol, i wouldn't fight a mage with something like that

kreynolds

First Post
ThomasBJJ said:
I like it. Would a fighter be able to use these by the standard rules on magic item use?

Well, they're either free-action (4 levels higher for Quicken Spell) spell-trigger items or they're just use-activated (like a sword). Personally, I'm curious as to which one it is. :D

Cool item, Jeph. :)

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
Kale78 said:
sounds cool, now just construct a device that expels the bullets at high speed, perhaps with a telekinetic push and you have yourself a magic-missile-pistol, i wouldn't fight a mage with something like that

Hey, if you can use up to 5 at once, that's a magic missile shotgun baby! :D

Hygric

First Post
I like this idea, consider it borrowed!

The only change I think I will make to them is that you can use as many each round as you could make attacks with your sling, that just feels better to me.

Jeph

Explorer
Use activated, standard action to throw them.

Now THIS is how you'd construct a magic-missile GATLING GUN!

The weapon has a complex limited temporal stasis field inside of it, allowing it to cast a maximized empowered Time Stop every round (epic item, duh). This results in 7 standard actions being taken to expell 5 Force Bullets each rount, for a total of 35d4+35 definite hits per shot. That's (on average) 121-122 damage per round. Factor in Haste, and thats 243 damage per round, no save allowed or attack roll required!

I don't even WANT to figure the cost for a use-activated unlimited use 14th level spell item . . . sheesh, that's DEFINITELY epic.

Paladin: I do a cool thing I saw on the Sultans of Smack thread!

GM: The mage whips out a gatling gun and shoots the c**** out of you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads