ForceUser's Vietnamese Adventures Story Hour! (finis)

ForceUser

Explorer
Sadly, this campaign has ended. My players ultimately opted for a setting less demanding on their roleplaying ability; as westerners attempting to portray medieval Asians in a medieval Asian world, they were frequently frustrated at their inability to relate. And so my great experiment, which I kept in the back of my mind for several years, has failed. I will, at some point, finish the tale of the Curse of the Monkey Woman. It is a story that deserves telling.

I will be starting a new Story Hour soon, one about a campaign in which I am only a player, but a campaign that has grown beyond its DM over the year and a half we have played it. It is set in contemporary 3E Greyhawk and centers around three gods - Iuz, Tharizdun, and Zuoken - and the events they and their servants have conspired to manipulate. The player group, of course, is caught in the middle, as all good player groups are.

Welverin

First Post
thanks for the good read.

Sorry to hear, for you and me. You definitely did a good job with the SH and through it I'd say you did a good job with the setting as well.

Looking forward to the end of this story and the beginning of the next.

Last edited:

zoroaster100

First Post
It was great while it lasted

ForceUser, thanks for sharing this great story hour with us. I followed it from your first post and really enjoyed reading it. Not only was it a great D&D story hour, but it was also a great example for how to use the Oriental Adventures rules to create an original setting and make it come alive with adventures that were both reminiscent of D&D adventures in the "standard" rules yet with definitely different flavor. I look forward to read your new story hour set in Greyhawk.

Malin Genie

First Post
Thank you for a wonderful Story Hour.

I'm sorry it had to end, but I thoroughly enjoyed as much of the campaign as did take place, and if you do get the chance to complete the Shrine of the Monkey Woman story I look forward to reading that too.

Can't write more, off to read your Greyhawk SH now....

Welverin

First Post
bump for great justice!

I've heard tales of a monkey woman, do my ears deceive me or is just she especially sneaky?

Last edited:

Remove ads