• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Ya there's a tiny bit more work to do on Animal Companion Override. When you override the animal stuff with information on the right hand side, there is no way to select your overridden animal name on the left. It just overrides whatever random animal you decide to select. Though this feature is not necessary as you only really need to select a similar creature. But hit dice and speed and other senses will correspond to that creature.

You also can't line space between traits for the animal if it has more than one trait. You can work around this by copying from a notepad that already has the spacing though. Wonder if the cell needs to be text box format or something? Not sure how that works with macros.

Also might need longer action boxes as there isn't enough room for something like: "Peck. Melee Weapon Attack +4 to hit, reach 5ft., one target. Hit: 1 piercing damage." Maybe stretch them out under the traits box? Reorganize or something.

Anyways love this thing so much. Keep it up.

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure of your meaning in the first sentence, are some of the overrides not working?

Putting a new line within a cell is done by ALT+Enter.

Check the consistent syntax used in the actions e.g. "Talons melee +3, 5ft, 1 piercing" so in your example "Peck melee +4, 5ft, 1 piercing"

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I noticed that for the Wizard class, when picking a school of magic for the arcane tradition feature, you are not given an extra cantrip/suggested to take minor illusion as a new cantrip from this ability if you pick the school of illusion. I have not checked the other arcane traditions to see if it gives you their respective spells, like animate dead in the school of necromancy, etc. Either way, this is an amazing tool, and I absolutely love it. Thank you for making this, it really saves time.

An odd bug found on Illusion Tradition that didn't recognize the minor illusion cantrip addition. Fixed in the next build, thanks.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Will the list of 'conditions' (prone, grappled, poisoned, etc.) that was on previous versions be added to the workbook?

You can select conditions from the Start sheet, these will show up dynamically on CSI if your using a PC (as well as conditional effects). If you're asking for a quick reference sheet on conditions I haven't got one but could whip something up very quickly from the previous version. Anyone else would like such a feature?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Good Day FA,
Many thanks again for continuing to develop such an excellent resource for us all to use.
I searched for an answer but did not locate one. Does the character wealth include gems, and art work? if so it appears to be broken.
Shouldn't the characters total wealth be around 982 GP, or 607 if the gem value is halved?

Beta 7 Ver-2

The idea with the Total column is your total gold etc. you have (including your carried gold). The wealth calc will add the Total column + all gems, jewelry etc.

dunstvangeet

Explorer
Good Day FA,
Many thanks again for continuing to develop such an excellent resource for us all to use.
I searched for an answer but did not locate one. Does the character wealth include gems, and art work? if so it appears to be broken.
Shouldn't the characters total wealth be around 982 GP, or 607 if the gem value is halved?

Beta 7 Ver-2

View attachment 79869
I think you're mistaking a couple of things.

I did some quick math. You currently have 232.77 GP worth of coins. Add that to the 250 GP worth of jewels, and the like, and that gets you to 482.77 GP worth of wealth. So, the math is working somewhat correctly (it looks like it truncates the decimal, rather than rounding). The "Coins" row is the number of coins that you're carrying, not the GP value of those coins.

I think where the confusion is coming in is you're mistaking the number of coins (273) for the GP value of those coins. You have a lot of silver and copper coins, which are basically like if you were carrying around a jar of pennies. You may have 273 pennies, but they're only worth 2 GP.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads