D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
I have never been one to enter duplicate data when once is all that is needed. On CSI there is an area to show what gear you are wearing in a particular slot, and as the armor is already selected on the Start page for the purpose of determining the character's AC, I didn't like having to enter it again in the worn armor section. Instead, in place of typing the name of the armor again, I use the following formula:

one.jpg

So, if no armor is selected at all, leave the worn armor area blank. If is selected, see if the name override is blank. If the override is blank, use the selected armor. If the override is not blank, use that instead.

I just thought I would share this for others who may be interested. This does not take into account any +s of magical armor, but that shouldn't be to hard to add if needed.

Update:
This updates the code to handle positive armor bonuses. If you are so unlucky as to be wearing armor with a negative bonus, you have bigger problems than this, though it can be handled with more conditionals. I am a neophyte excel coder and haven't written code much at all in over 10 years, so I am sure there are better/more elegant ways to do this.
=IF(StartArmorShieldArmor="Select...","",IF(Y206="",StartArmorShieldArmor,Y206))&IF(StartArmorShieldArmorBonus="","","+"&StartArmorShieldArmorBonus)

Update #2:
This change supports a positive or negative bonus, including if a override armor name is used (something that is not handled if =ArmorName is used instead). Note that the only space that should be present in this entire line of code is the space before the +. ENWorld adds spaces in long strings of text whether they are wanted or not. :(
=IF(StartArmorShieldArmor="Select...","",IF(Y206="",StartArmorShieldArmor,Y206))&IF(StartArmorShieldArmorBonus>0,
" +"&StartArmorShieldArmorBonus,IF(StartArmorShieldArmorBonus<0," "&StartArmorShieldArmorBonus,""))

Last edited:

SansMoins

Explorer
I have never been one to enter duplicate data when once is all that is needed. On CSI there is an area to show what gear you are wearing in a particular slot, and as the armor is already selected on the Start page for the purpose of determining the character's AC, I didn't like having to enter it again in the worn armor section. Instead, in place of typing the name of the armor again, I use the following formula:

View attachment 88824

So, if no armor is selected at all, leave the worn armor area blank. If is selected, see if the name override is blank. If the override is blank, use the selected armor. If the override is not blank, use that instead.

I just thought I would share this for others who may be interested. This does not take into account any +s of magical armor, but that shouldn't be to hard to add if needed.

I do something like this. I use “=ArmorName” I think. Wonder if there is a way to have it autopopulate based on there something says it’s at on your equipment sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

It sounds like the blue is better for more people. Is my conditional formatting suggestion even possible in excel? I defer to the masters.

By the way, I am back to updating the Instructions for Use. Please review and leave any comments/criticisms on that thread. I am looking for someone familiar with the workings of the Adventurers Log to assist with the content for this page. Also, if anyone has any DYO or custom page snip-its that I can include as examples, they will be credited or not at authors discretion. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I think a few good examples of these tools will help others to make even more use of this great tool.

As always, much appreciation and awe to FA for all your work.

What if instead of just snip-its, there was a depository for sharing actual DYO sheets?

Hello. First, I want to say, thank you very much for this character generator. It is quite impressive and great to work with. I have noticed some small bugs. I tried to see if these were already listed, but I did not check all 300+ pages, so they may be known issues.

First, with some of the "Rename" customization fields, some of the fields that reference the renamed field key off of the rename rather than off of the base. For example, if you select the High Elf subrace, but then want to rename it (for example, to 'Sun' or 'Moon' for a Sword Coast adventure), the Spellcasting tab will no longer show an available cantrip. Similarly, if you are a Warlock, and you rename your Pact, the Spellcasting tab will display what Pact spells you should get (keying correctly off of the base Pact name), but the drop-downs will not contain those spells. I'm not certain if this is an intentional design choice or an bug, but I thought I should mention it.

Second, and these are admittedly minor nitpicks, on the Character Sheet II tab, there seems to be something wrong with the references for Rope, Hempen (50ft) and for Thieves' Tools. Normally, if you manually type in an item, the drop-down jumps to the appropriate item. For the Rope, there is an extra space at the end of the entry, which prevents it's correct selection. For the Thieves' Tools, I'm not certain what the issue is exactly, but I think the entry has a different apostrophe than you get when just typing it. Other entries with apostrophes seem to work correctly (such as the Burglar's Pack), but the Thieves' Tools does not.

Again, thanks for all of your great work with this character generator.

flwad

Explorer
What if instead of just snip-its, there was a depository for sharing actual DYO sheets?

The snip-its were just for examples in the IFU, but the idea of a depository sounds good.

I would contribute my BAG of Holding/ Handy Haversack DYO. It takes a little work to move it from release to release because of the references that need to be updated, but I think I could write a procedure for it.

Where would it be housed? I don't think EN World has this functionality except if we created a download page for it, but I don't think you can give others posting rites.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Forged,

I decided to make a Firbolg Rogue. During the creation I used Volo's Guide to Monsters (VGM) as a reference. On the bottom right hand side of pg 120, it gives the random height and weight table for the Firbolg and several other character races. It was at this point that I noticed a discrepancy on the v2.27 character sheet. The base height and weight for the Firbolg in box 3 (Character Details) on the Start Tab are incorrect. VGM has them set at 6'2", 175lbs, HM 2d12 and WM 2d6, the CS has them listed as 6'10", 240lbs, HM 2d8 and WM 2d8.

All of the other character races are good, I think the Firbolg was just overlooked.

Love the CS!!!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Forged,

I decided to make a Firbolg Rogue. During the creation I used Volo's Guide to Monsters (VGM) as a reference. On the bottom right hand side of pg 120, it gives the random height and weight table for the Firbolg and several other character races. It was at this point that I noticed a discrepancy on the v2.27 character sheet. The base height and weight for the Firbolg in box 3 (Character Details) on the Start Tab are incorrect. VGM has them set at 6'2", 175lbs, HM 2d12 and WM 2d6, the CS has them listed as 6'10", 240lbs, HM 2d8 and WM 2d8.

All of the other character races are good, I think the Firbolg was just overlooked.

Love the CS!!!

Nice one, fixed in the next version!

sjkellyfetti

First Post
Calculation issues with multiclass x3 character

I love the sheet! I recently changed characters and used V2.26 to create this 8th level character (Fighter 1, Rogue 2, Barbarian (Berserker) 5, levels applied in that order too) and am running into what appear to be a few calculation problems. See below for the specific problems, but I don't see anything out of whack on the Start worksheet (at least not where I can make any changes to it). Is this an issue with having 3 classes? Or does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is?

List of issues:

• On the Start worksheet, in the 4. Skills section it shows Selected 6 of ## below the skill table, but the explanatory parts of the section shows Race (1) Background (2) Class (3) which adds up to the 6 I selected. At the bottom of the section it also shows

##
    #N/A
  • On the Start worksheet, in the 6. Languages section it shows Selected 3 of ## below the languages table, but the explanatory parts of the section shows Race (2) Background (0) Class (1) which adds up to the 3 I selected. At the bottom of the section it also shows

##
    #N/A
  • On the Start worksheet, in the 6. Languages section it shows Selected 3 of ## below the languages table, but the explanatory parts of the section shows Race (2) Background (0) Class (1) which adds up to the 3 I selected. At the bottom of the section it also shows

##
    #N/A
  • On the Start worksheet, in the 7. Tools section it shows Selected 3 of ## below the tools table, but the explanatory parts of the section shows Race (0) Background (2) Class (1) which adds up to the 3 I selected. At the bottom of the section it also shows

##
    #N/A
  • On the Character Sheet I worksheet, in the Health & Armor section it shows ### in the Armor Class shield image, ### next to the breastplate icon, and ### next to Other (which should have +1 for the Dual Wielder feat) , but shows the correct value next to Dex (+2) and the correct armor (Half Plate) and shield (none)
  • On the Character Summary worksheet it shows ### for the Armor Class.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
I love the sheet! I recently changed characters and used V2.26 to create this 8th level character (Fighter 1, Rogue 2, Barbarian (Berserker) 5, levels applied in that order too) and am running into what appear to be a few calculation problems. See below for the specific problems, but I don't see anything out of whack on the Start worksheet (at least not where I can make any changes to it). Is this an issue with having 3 classes? Or does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is?

List of issues:

• On the Start worksheet, in the 4. Skills section it shows Selected 6 of ## below the skill table, but the explanatory parts of the section shows Race (1) Background (2) Class (3) which adds up to the 6 I selected. At the bottom of the section it also shows

##
    #N/A

##
    #N/A

##
    #N/A
  • On the Start worksheet, in the 7. Tools section it shows Selected 3 of ## below the tools table, but the explanatory parts of the section shows Race (0) Background (2) Class (1) which adds up to the 3 I selected. At the bottom of the section it also shows

##
    #N/A
  • On the Character Sheet I worksheet, in the Health & Armor section it shows ### in the Armor Class shield image, ### next to the breastplate icon, and ### next to Other (which should have +1 for the Dual Wielder feat) , but shows the correct value next to Dex (+2) and the correct armor (Half Plate) and shield (none)
  • On the Character Summary worksheet it shows ### for the Armor Class.

What character race/ subrace and background are you using? What fighting style for your fighter class did you select? What skills did you choose to "expertise" in for your rogue class? Gonna need more information to be able to address the issues you are having.

Also, have you tried using v2.27?

Astinex

First Post
Use your sheet. Love it. But I recently discovered it won't open on Open Office. I'm assuming its just not compatible and won't be, but was just checking to see if that's the case.

Remove ads