D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Dannyboy7702

First Post
I have most recent complete and one of the newest beta builds that just might find their way to people in need/want...

The most recent completed version of the CS is v2.27. The beta build of v2.28 only has limited material from XGtE and it is bugged. Those bugs do affect the process character build. I recommend that community members stick to v2.27 as it is the most recent completed version and the bugs are limited. Just remember that all of the minor bugs that were discovered in v2.27 have not been fixed. They were to be addressed in v2.28.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
There is an app (or two) on the app store (Fight Club and GM 5 for example) that have a base layout and then you can douload files to update it to give it the functionality. You can find those files in different areas. I know that it would take effort, but this sheet could be converted to that format. We could get the base and then others could host the files that it uses. To import classes, feats, races....

Forge has a personal life outside of this community. He works on the CS in his free time and only asks for donation for beer. I know Forge is still working on the CS, as I continue to find bugs and reporting to him (with him replying that they have been fixed).

To strip the CS down to the basic information would take time and testing of the CS. Additionally, it will take time and testing to create separate downloadable files to update this basic sheet. I am not sure if Forge wants to continue to update the CS following the completion of v2.28. He will have to make that decision.

There have been a host of other ideas in continuing the production of this CS. In the end it will be Forge's decision.

SoundsLikeTyler

First Post
This generator has been a blessing from Moradin! I've been using it since v1.64 - i've bought every 5e book as it came out and this has been an invaluable resource - especially to help me bring new players into my games. Got 2.27 a few days before the takedown and have been creating characters for my new players with everything easily collated there. Hoping i can figure a way to get all the Xanathar's guide material into the sheet but either way - thanks you ForgedAnvil for all of your hard work and know you have helped numerous new players easily dive right into the world of D&D.

bschrempp

Villager
This generator has been a blessing from Moradin! I've been using it since v1.64 - i've bought every 5e book as it came out and this has been an invaluable resource - especially to help me bring new players into my games. Got 2.27 a few days before the takedown and have been creating characters for my new players with everything easily collated there. Hoping i can figure a way to get all the Xanathar's guide material into the sheet but either way - thanks you ForgedAnvil for all of your hard work and know you have helped numerous new players easily dive right into the world of D&D.

I agree 100%. Thank you for all the work.

arexarex

First Post
I agree with what has been said already. This is in fact a great tool. I really makes things easy and I can appreciate the time and dedication the author did on this. Thanks for all the hard work. Later maybe I could do in fact donate a beer and maybe please get version 2.28 once he has had the patience and time to provide it.

Remove ads