D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Paladijn

Villager
The Mordekainen and Xanthar's release versions are not supported by this forum as far as I know.

As far as I know this was the forum for ForgedAnvil's charactersheet. That stopped at 2.27 beta 1 after the C&D. So I am still waiting for a FA return.

FA has not said anything in the last few months and I haven't seen any issues with the Xanthar's release.
I only just got the Mordekainen sheet last weekend.

Greetings,

I am having a problem that is related to either my Excel settings or my printer settings and I'm hoping someone here can set me to rights...

I am using FA 2.28 Beta 6 and am attempting to print CSI, II, IV and V double sided so I have been selecting these sheets selecting 'Print' adjusting my print properties and hitting go and the printer will print CSI on one page, print CSII and IV double sided and then print CSV. Any ideas what setting I need to adjust? This wasn't a problem for other versions but I think the problem is on my end. When saving as a PDF everything works fine; the problem just pops up when printing hard copies.

Many thanks in advance.

jtk

Last edited:

As far as I know this was the forum for ForgedAnvil's charactersheet. That stopped at 2.27 beta 1 after the C&D. So I am still waiting for a FA return.

FA has not said anything in the last few months and I haven't seen any issues with the Xanthar's release.
I only just got the Mordekainen sheet last weekend.

Your continued comments here are confusing and counter productive.

KimoKhan

First Post
Greetings,

I am having a problem that is related to either my Excel settings or my printer settings and I'm hoping someone here can set me to rights...

I am using FA 2.28 Beta 6 and am attempting to print CSI, II, IV and V double sided so I have been selecting these sheets selecting 'Print' adjusting my print properties and hitting go and the printer will print CSI on one page, print CSII and IV double sided and then print CSV. Any ideas what setting I need to adjust? This wasn't a problem for other versions but I think the problem is on my end. When saving as a PDF everything works fine; the problem just pops up when printing hard copies.

Many thanks in advance.

jtk

Have you tried just printing CSI, II in one session and then select print again and choose IV and V? Personally I print to a PDF and then select my pages rather than try it in Excell

Greetings,

Many thanks in advance.

jtk

Have you tried just printing CSI, II in one session and then select print again and choose IV and V? Personally I print to a PDF and then select my pages rather than try it in Excell

I second KimoKhan on this. When I want double sided prints from excel, I typically save as PDF first. The easiest way to do it is to hold ctrl and select the tabs you want, then go save-as and change the file type to pdf. From there, just print the pdf to your duplex printer.

Bingo! Thanks! I have found that I lose enough resolution printing hard-copies from PDF that I prefer to print directly from the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

I have been saving it as a PDF and printing but it loses a little bit of resolution and increases the margins which makes a difference on some of the tiny text. I tinkered with it some more and got the exact same problem printing it in 2 separate batches after my victory post above. I think its got something to do with using the manual drawer to feed card stock. I will just live with the slightly reduced resolution and print from the PDF...

Thanks for the follow-up... I'm just being super nit-picky at this point...

Conandar

Explorer
I print (when I use a printed sheet at all) to a Brother laser printer (B&W), no scaling, 0.5 for the margins, 600 dpi, and the sheets work just fine. However, not all printers are created equal, and I have had issues with Canon inkjet printers that I used many years ago (long before this character sheet). However, as I have said, I rarely use a printed sheet because using the pencil and paper method is...difficult (at best) with only one usable hand. The print tests that I have done for this character generator are using v2.27, so it is possible that v2.28 needs to be tweaked to work properly.

Remove ads