D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Sil

First Post
Dear ForgedAnvil;
It seems the weapon 'net' is using strength as the attack stat. As a ranged weapon should it not be using dex?

Also, sending good thoughts your way. We are playing 5e now because we finally have a good automated 5e character sheet. We send our thanks to you.

Do you have any interest in a port to a open office platform of some sort? Some us us may be forced to pirate excel just to use this. Again, much thanks.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
That would be correct. I thought I had it sorted when I saw that the file had no values in it (for whatever reason with Excel crashes and whatnot). So I tried with another character -- looks like from an earlier version of the sheet. That one didn't transfer either.

I'll include that file.
The latest transfer tool I have (apart from the 1.54) is 1.48.

The attached version is old school, pre versioning on the Start sheet - cool looking at it as so much has changed. The translator will not work for this version unfortunately as it will not be able to determine the version (hence does nothing). If the Start sheet has versioning in the top left corner then the transfer tool will work (or should work), officially from v1.31 onwards

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Dear ForgedAnvil;
It seems the weapon 'net' is using strength as the attack stat. As a ranged weapon should it not be using dex?

Also, sending good thoughts your way. We are playing 5e now because we finally have a good automated 5e character sheet. We send our thanks to you.

Do you have any interest in a port to a open office platform of some sort? Some us us may be forced to pirate excel just to use this. Again, much thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. Nice catch, it's a bug - happens with bolas as well. Will correct for v1.55.

For OpenOffice / LibreOffice no plans to support. If you're running iOS, Android, or Windows 10 device (10.1" or smaller) you can use the free Excel Mobile version - though there are certainly limitations as this version doesn't support macros.

Alternatively have 5 friends pitch in for Office 365 Home (5 licenses), I think it works out to something like $20 USD per year each or $1.70 per month each.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
are you planning on adding in the online content such as the favored soul subclass for sorcs?
Thanks

I plan to support all officially released races, classes etc. that are fully play tested. UA is draft material, but planned to be released as some stage

UA Eberron.png

jhansonxi

First Post
Minor request: add a characteristic to weapons indicating which are usable underwater without disadvantage according to the Underwater Combat rules on PHB 198.

Sil

First Post
For OpenOffice / LibreOffice no plans to support. If you're running iOS, Android, or Windows 10 device (10.1" or smaller) you can use the free Excel Mobile version - though there are certainly limitations as this version doesn't support macros.

Alternatively have 5 friends pitch in for Office 365 Home (5 licenses), I think it works out to something like $20 USD per year each or $1.70 per month each.
Uploaded to google docs and converted to sheets, and it seems almost perfect. just a little formatting issue on the first three rows of the first sheet. hid those and all was good.

So there is a non microsoft option for those who wish it.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Uploaded to google docs and converted to sheets, and it seems almost perfect. just a little formatting issue on the first three rows of the first sheet. hid those and all was good.

So there is a non microsoft option for those who wish it.

Cool, good to hear

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Minor request: add a characteristic to weapons indicating which are usable underwater without disadvantage according to the Underwater Combat rules on PHB 198.

That's a tough one as melee depends on swimming speed (natural or granted by magic), ranged weapons are different. How would you propose to add this?

Remove ads