D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I found the same issue with Faerie Fire (drow racial spell level 3). It can be selected on the level 1 spell list but if it's marked as prepared shows (at level5 for example) 6 of 5 prepared/known spells. Is that right?

Racial spell abilities are not required to be prepared, usually a use once and recharge after long rest. Might think of a way to show a spell as racial by using an R for example instead of a filled box

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Downloaded v1.51, trying to add a Ring of Protection +1 (+1 AC and Saving Throws) to a Dragonborn Fighter eldritch knight level 5. I think I have to use the cell "Other armor" under the "armor selection" but although the cell can be selected the dropdown doesn't work nor i can't write anything. Am I doing it right?

Also the Saving throw modifiers from the ring had to be written down manually on the Character Sheet I on the "other" cells?
Where on the Start sheet should be written instead on the Character sheet I?

For the Spanish translation I saw an error on the damage type label on attacks section. it shows "Armadura", but must be "Tipo" (for english "type"). It has to be a mistake on copy&paste on the translation.

Keep the work and thank you for your effor ForgedAnvil!! :):heh:

Edit: Ok just pressed F2 to edit the cell and I can write the +1 on the "Other Armor" cell. So, just curious, what's the dropdown on the cell for?

Thanks for the feedback, the drop-down did refer to an old named reference so it wasn't working. The drop-down reference is now fixed (version 1.52) to show +1,+2,+3 and you can enter in any value + or -

Saving throws adjustments are entered on Character Sheet I (no option in the Start sheet). This is mainly done have the most flexibility, users can enter any value (same with Skills)

Also fixed for version 1.52 is the Spanish - Tipo - thanks for spotting it. By the way, do you find the Spanish translation useful for Character Sheet I?

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hey Forged. Is there any way to save a custom race so that I can create a second custom race without losing the 1st?

Hey Snig, not at the moment no - looking to refresh the Custom sheet in the future to add a few more customizations. Some users are saving custom Races as individual files e.g. Minotaur.xlsm or Warforged.xlsm and starting new characters from these - it's not ideal but is a workaround for the current version.

warderbrad

Explorer
I appologize if this has been reported already. I am just not wanting to read through 53 pages of forum posts to be sure. While filling in the sheet for a Dragonborn of White heritage the white option is missing.
Using V1.51

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I appologize if this has been reported already. I am just not wanting to read through 53 pages of forum posts to be sure. While filling in the sheet for a Dragonborn of White heritage the white option is missing.
Using V1.51

Thanks for the feedback and well spotted, this is a bug and fixed for version 1.52. For version 1.51 you can type in White in the Ancestry cell and it will work fine (just an issue with it not showing in the drop down)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
First, this is such an awesome tool! never before have i been able to create characters so quick. Also, is/will there be a way to create/save custom classes?

Thanks! Currently no way to create custom classes as they are quite complex and varied! Very challenging to design a generic template for customizing class and subclass, tried a few things but incomplete

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Custom Sheet Update Version 1.52

Here's a quick look at the new Custom sheet, allows 3 Races, 3 Backgrounds, 10 Deities, 8 Spells - still a fair amount of work to be done though...

Will a custom Class and Subclass be added? - Still thinking about how to do this in a simplified way, very challenging and a heap of work, so not anytime soon.

CustomUpdate.png

Last edited:

Dragonsbane

Proud Grognard
Amazing work!

Question. As a DM, I frequently use NPCs with PC classes or class powers. If this could somehow output to a NPC style (like the Monster Manual or supplement monster stat blocks) it would be amazing. Any chance of this?

Humble worship and praise for your gaming efforts! :p

*edit* found the last tab, nevermind! :)

Last edited:

Remove ads