D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

tkstargazer

Explorer
Eldritch blast = 1d10 + 2 ???

In version 1.51 of the generator, I'm have a 2nd level Svirfneblin Warlock. He has Eldritch Blast, of course. Stats are 10, 16, 14, 10, 10, 14.

On Character Sheet III, Eldritch blast is listed as doing 1d10 + 2. Where would that +2 be coming from?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
In version 1.51 of the generator, I'm have a 2nd level Svirfneblin Warlock. He has Eldritch Blast, of course. Stats are 10, 16, 14, 10, 10, 14.

On Character Sheet III, Eldritch blast is listed as doing 1d10 + 2. Where would that +2 be coming from?

Do you have Agonizing Blast as an Eldritch Invocation? When you cast eldritch blast, add your Charisma modifier to the damage it deals on a hit.

Snig

First Post
Hey Forge. I was hoping you could help me understand the "Weight" column for custom races? For instance I'm creating a Duergar race, and their weight averages 140 lb. but in the modifier it's x whatever weight you put in. For example if I put 130 lb. x 1d4, well even if I roll a 2 i'm double the weight of an average Duergar, and if I roll a 4, i'm a 520 lb. dwarf.....

I must be misunderstanding something here?

Mwm318

First Post
Hey Forge. I was hoping you could help me understand the "Weight" column for custom races? For instance I'm creating a Duergar race, and their weight averages 140 lb. but in the modifier it's x whatever weight you put in. For example if I put 130 lb. x 1d4, well even if I roll a 2 i'm double the weight of an average Duergar, and if I roll a 4, i'm a 520 lb. dwarf.....

I must be misunderstanding something here?

Hi Snig - The Player's Handbook on page 121 gives some more information on this. You are multiplying the weight against the height modifier, and then add it to the base weight. They work in tandem.

For example, a human starts at a base height of 4' 8" and a base weight of 110 lbs. The height modifier is +2d10 and the weight modifier is x(2d4) lbs. If you roll a 12 on the height modifier and roll a 3 on the weight modifier, the character is character is now 5' 8" (the 12) and 146 lbs (12 x 3 or 36 lbs).

Last edited:

Snig

First Post
Ah, ok. That makes perfect sense now. I must have missed that in the PHB. Thanks for the speedy reply and keep up the great work man, you're awesome!

Gjorbjond

First Post
When I add the 3rd level of Sorcerer with the Draconic bloodline, all the details go away. If I cut off the class details, most of them come back. It seems to be specifically that level of sorcerer. Adding a level of any other class worked fine.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
When I add the 3rd level of Sorcerer with the Draconic bloodline, all the details go away. If I cut off the class details, most of them come back. It seems to be specifically that level of sorcerer. Adding a level of any other class worked fine.

Thanks for the feedback, I've tried to replicate your issue but no success. Could you show a screenshot of the start sheet with the details you have filled in for race, subrace classes etch also what version of Excel are you running? Thanks!

eullman

Explorer
Feature Request: An area to list and mark off abilities, items, etc. that are usable only n times per short or long rest period, preferably on Character Sheet I or perhaps on an alternative layout version of the Character Summary page

I'd use this far more often than I'd need to access my list of proficiencies or items worn. For me personally, this is the one feature that keeps me going back to a different character sheet at the table. Here's the section in question from that sheet:

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 11.26.13 AM.png

Thanks for your consideration. I love what you're doing!

Remove ads