• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Any estimates when 1.61 final will be done? It's nothing critical yet but I was going to throw together a Bladesinger (not needed for any game yet).

It's pretty much done, working on the transfer tool next so it's compatible with transferring characters from 1.60. So soon would be your answer ;)

Mergon

First Post
ForgedAnvil:

Is there any way that Class details could be turned off individually, class by class; perhaps using three of the drop downs under Languages in the Options section of the Start tab.

It's all part and parcel of using the Additional Details tab for custom classes. The following other additions would also help:

1) The ability to rename a class;
2) The ability to change a class' spellcasting ability;
3) The ability to lower the number of skills a class possesses (like the Training box for Languages and Tools.

Also, have we always been able to highlight and sort spells on the on the spellcasting tabor is this something I have just been missing all along? In either case it is great. :)

Waiting with baited breath for 1.61 (Final)

asagar

First Post
ForgedAnvil,
There are several parameters that exists in your spreadsheet and I could not find as named variables.
It would greatly help my custom character sheets having these variables.
- Possession on person list (item name, quantity, location, weight)
- Possession not on person list (item name, quantity, location, weight)
- Character total weight
- Character total weight carried
- Character coins weight
- Character level class 1, 2, 3 (each as a different named variable)
- Spell save DC class 1, 2, 3
- spell ability modifier class 1, 2, 3
- Spall ability class 1, 2, 3
- Spell slots class 1, 2, 3 list (a list of how many spells each casting class can have for each spell level)
- Spells used slots class 1, 2, 3 list
- Known spells class 1, 2, 3
- Known cantrips class 1, 2, 3
- Sorcery point cost list (for each spell level)
- Sorcery points max
- Sorcery points used
- Familiar/companion parameters in CS4 (name, type, HP, AC, speed, size, abilities, senses, skills, attacks, traits

Many thanks.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
ForgedAnvil,

I am not sure if it has been pointed out but... If you have a magical item on your character that raises their Constitution, you enter the number under "MAGIC MODIFIER" and it will raise your hit points for all levels. You can also enter in the number in the box for the specific level that you acquired the magical item in the "FEATS & LEVEL GAINS section and that also raises your hit points for all levels. Shouldn't a magical item that is acquired at say level 5 only raise your hit points from 5th level and higher???

wilcoxon

Explorer
+Con magic items have always been retroactive. I think all Con increases are retroactive (eg raising Con at level 8 applies to hit points gained at levels 1-7) but I'm not positive on that.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil:

Is there any way that Class details could be turned off individually, class by class; perhaps using three of the drop downs under Languages in the Options section of the Start tab.

It's all part and parcel of using the Additional Details tab for custom classes. The following other additions would also help:

1) The ability to rename a class;
2) The ability to change a class' spellcasting ability;
3) The ability to lower the number of skills a class possesses (like the Training box for Languages and Tools.

Also, have we always been able to highlight and sort spells on the on the spellcasting tabor is this something I have just been missing all along? In either case it is great. :)

Waiting with baited breath for 1.61 (Final)

Hey Mergon, points 1-3 you mention delve into custom classes - something that is not planned at all.

The sorting of spells in the Spellcasting sheet has been implemented for quite sometime now ;) cool that you're using it! I think most sheets you can now do sorting.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil,
There are several parameters that exists in your spreadsheet and I could not find as named variables.
It would greatly help my custom character sheets having these variables.
- Possession on person list (item name, quantity, location, weight)
- Possession not on person list (item name, quantity, location, weight)
- Character total weight
- Character total weight carried
- Character coins weight
- Character level class 1, 2, 3 (each as a different named variable)
- Spell save DC class 1, 2, 3
- spell ability modifier class 1, 2, 3
- Spall ability class 1, 2, 3
- Spell slots class 1, 2, 3 list (a list of how many spells each casting class can have for each spell level)
- Spells used slots class 1, 2, 3 list
- Known spells class 1, 2, 3
- Known cantrips class 1, 2, 3
- Sorcery point cost list (for each spell level)
- Sorcery points max
- Sorcery points used
- Familiar/companion parameters in CS4 (name, type, HP, AC, speed, size, abilities, senses, skills, attacks, traits

Many thanks.

I'll look at implementing most of these. Some are already implemented. For known spells, multiclass spellcasters have a fixed table so no class 1,2,3

xDialtone

First Post
In 1.61, Half-Drows are supposed to get +2 CHA and +1 in two different other scores, but you don't get the option to choose.

EDIT: APparently I only find the way to fix or find what Im looking for a moment after I post lol. I found it, thank.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads