• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
This Character Sheet is the best thing since sliced bread (What's that really even mean, 'eh?).
I use it "as is" but my wife prefers a custom character sheet. I am trying to keep up with her sheet but recently a number of the named ranges that I had used have gone away. This isn't really a big problem because I can either use the cell reference or, more often than not, the named range has been 'renamed' (i.e. "Experience" became "CharacterExperience").

In any case, for future consideration, would it be possible and/or feasible to publish a "guide" to the named ranges indexed by name and what they represent? Just a thought.

The easiest way to do this is to add a new sheet and highlight any cell, press F3 and click paste list button, this will list all named variables used in the tool and the reference cell. If you want to see the actual value use the following formula assuming A1 is where you have the named variables list starting and B1 is the reference.

In C1 enter

=INDIRECT(TEXT(A1,""))

You will get errors for named variables that are an array (list) so you can ignore them. Finally apply a filter on all 3 columns to find the variable that you need .

A heads up, the next version will have a heap of new variables as well as changes to the existing (naming convention is important). I'll most likely enable the ability to unlock the character sheets so you can see the named variables used and the design elements in future versions (v2.00 possibly)

johnsolo

Explorer
Hi there, awesome as always, not sure if this has already been mentioned but when choosing the Cleric Knowledge domain, under languages it's reading as Death Domain.

Mergon

First Post
ForgedAnvil:

On your example character sheet for Zenith, on the Character IV tab, how do you get two pictures in the picture box? Or is this something you can only do with an unlocked character sheet?

Mergon

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil:

On your example character sheet for Zenith, on the Character IV tab, how do you get two pictures in the picture box? Or is this something you can only do with an unlocked character sheet?

Mergon

Hi Mergon!

All Faction logos (in 2 different styles) are available - go to Page Layout > Selection Pane and you will see the list of Factions. Click the eye to hide or show them, you can replace these images with your own design

johnsolo

Explorer
Another minor fix, when reading the main pane on the right side of the first worksheet in Excel, the Deep Gnome doesn't list Undercommon under languages, but it does under section 6 (which is correct of course).

Mickfrick

Villager
I Think this is a bug, but when i put in my Wizard Cantrips as an Arcana Cleric lvl1, they dont appear with my other normally selected Cantrips, or anywhere for that matter. So yeah, Bug Report, all in the effort of making the Perfect Sheet :D

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I Think this is a bug, but when i put in my Wizard Cantrips as an Arcana Cleric lvl1, they dont appear with my other normally selected Cantrips, or anywhere for that matter. So yeah, Bug Report, all in the effort of making the Perfect Sheet :D

Hi Mickfrick, thanks for the feedback - bug fixed in v1.65!

Destynar

First Post
a humble request

Hello ForgetAnvil and everyone!
I like your character generator very much. And I just love shortened spell descriptions, thank you!

What is not so convenient, however, is a character sheets (aside from sheet 3, which is spell list). The most used sheet1 is too inefficient with space (as I see it: too many attacks and they are too large, needlessly large equipment and proficiency sections) and lacks crucial, often used info like spell slots, special abilities like Lay on hands, Bardic inspiration, etc.
Summary sheet is, on the contrary, too vague. Without HitDice, proficiencies, tempHP, death rolls and so on, it cannot be a Charsheet on it's own.

I made some adjustments with pdf of sheet1 (in attachment). If you find my points valid, can you, please, make an alternative sheet with such matters seen to?

Attachments

• 1.pdf
    230.3 KB · Views: 199

Remove ads