• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Plus2Joe

First Post
I know it's late in the cycle to request features, but:

Playing a cleric or other divine caster, I'd like a way to auto-generate my full spell list. Going through each spell level and clicking every single option is a bit of a pain. Obviously I'd want my domain spells up top, but then the rest of the options listed underneath that.

Is that something that's on the development list?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer

Playing a cleric or other divine caster, I'd like a way to auto-generate my full spell list. Going through each spell level and clicking every single option is a bit of a pain. Obviously I'd want my domain spells up top, but then the rest of the options listed underneath that.

This would require a macro to copy and paste a list. I'm avoiding macros (even removing the translation macro and doing this another way) for compatibility reasons. You could create a list yourself of all the cleric spells and just copy and paste them as required. The selection mechanism is not that difficult as your selecting a max of 25 spells for a level from a populated drop down list.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer

This would require a macro to copy and paste a list. I'm avoiding macros (even removing the translation macro and doing this another way) for compatibility reasons. You could create a list yourself of all the cleric spells and just copy and paste them as required. The selection mechanism is not that difficult as your selecting a max of 25 spells for a level from a populated drop down list.

SansMoins

Explorer
ForgedAnvil, with the new version, have you given any thought on making it easier to add supplements? Maybe some sort of toggle that would look for file and import that into the worksheet?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 2.00 ALPHA TEST Released!

Hello fans of ForgedAnvil Character Generator!

Today is the day! The ALPHA TEST version 2.00 is released! After a few months of working on this, I've decided to release a working version with limitations for TESTING PURPOSES ONLY :)

There are a bunch of new features, too many to list here! The new design of CSI can be unlocked (no password required) and you can design it the way you like it! Note there are a massive number of new custom variables for you to use also and a "design workspace" for designing your character sheet - I use this a lot during the design of of CSI, II, III and IV

The limitations are:

- no reset sheet macro at the moment, so just download from here if you need a fresh sheet to work with
- no transfer tool from v1.6x to v2.00
- some of the functionalilty is yet to be implemented, for example the ACTIVE FEATURES still needs work and the ACTIONS section still needs work.
- Wildshape is still on a normal density sheet, future plan is to update this to make is cooler
- Start sheet is missing customization and implementation for adding additional conditions, actions, active features etc that would show up in CSI
- Translations need to be updated, an updated (and simplified) translation flie will up upload when the BETA version is released (no macros required anymore!)

Overall, you'll get about 80-90% functionality. Mind you there will be bugs due to the significant changes.

Please note there will be significant change between the alpha and final release - there will be no transfer from this version to the final released version as I would like to focus on finalising the design and functionality and not recoding the transfer tool for each test release :)

Have fun with this new look and feel for the tool, should be awesome. Have a play around with the character generator and let me know. Feedback on bugs, improvements, and cool ideas are welcomed!

Appreciate everyone who has donated also I hope you enjoy the changes, thank you very much!

As always have fun and enjoy!

ForgedAnvil

Last edited:

johnsolo

Explorer
Ok ... here come the bug reports, I hope you don't mind what is likely to be a flurry:
- Speed is 0 for all races and it doesn't pull from Custom races either
- HP aren't adding up at all (because it's not taking the HP earned at each level, currently it's just using starting + all CON bonuses for each level)

THANKS FOR THE UPDATED SHEET!!!

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Ok ... here come the bug reports, I hope you don't mind what is likely to be a flurry:
- Speed is 0 for all races and it doesn't pull from Custom races either
- HP aren't adding up at all (because it's not taking the HP earned at each level, currently it's just using starting + all CON bonuses for each level)

THANKS FOR THE UPDATED SHEET!!!

No problem, this is what the alpha test is for.

To enable movement, for now set the exhaustion level to 0 (just type 0 in) on the Start sheet. I've fixed this behaviour.
The HP issue I need more information to find the issue. What class are you and what is the value expected and the actual value. a screen shot would be great

Remove ads