• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil, with the new version, have you given any thought on making it easier to add supplements? Maybe some sort of toggle that would look for file and import that into the worksheet?

Nothing planned, adding a new class, race, subclass etc is more complex than a simple file import :)

Iraelaemei

Explorer
Here is a screen cap of the hp issue

Untitled.png

*update* once the exhaustion is put to 0 this calculates correctly
*update* Also wealth under coinage is just coming back with #VALUE!

Last edited:

johnsolo

Explorer
No problem, this is what the alpha test is for.

To enable movement, for now set the exhaustion level to 0 (just type 0 in) on the Start sheet. I've fixed this behaviour.
The HP issue I need more information to find the issue. What class are you and what is the value expected and the actual value. a screen shot would be great

Fighter, level 5, used a Custom Race (but it didn't matter if I changed it). The HP was = Starting HP + CON Mod X Level (in this case level 5) it should have been Starting HP + Each Level of HP + CON Mod X Level. I hope that makes sense (the actual variables I am using might not be the issue in the calculation, but the numbers match).

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Fighter, level 5, used a Custom Race (but it didn't matter if I changed it). The HP was = Starting HP + CON Mod X Level (in this case level 5) it should have been Starting HP + Each Level of HP + CON Mod X Level. I hope that makes sense (the actual variables I am using might not be the issue in the calculation, but the numbers match).

Is this after entering a 0 for the exhaustion level? does it calculate correctly after entering a 0 for the exhaustion level?

johnsolo

Explorer
Is this after entering a 0 for the exhaustion level? does it calculate correctly after entering a 0 for the exhaustion level?

I finally found the Exhaustion Level at the top and entered 0, this did carry the Class HP (of which I only have one class) into the Total HP area (fixing that), BUT for 5 Levels of Fighter (using 6 per level as per the no roll rule) and a CON of 14 (+2), I would have expected 10 (level 1) + 6 X 4 (for 4 levels) + 2 x 5 (for CON bonus) = 44 (but the total on the sheet is 39).

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I finally found the Exhaustion Level at the top and entered 0, this did carry the Class HP (of which I only have one class) into the Total HP area (fixing that), BUT for 5 Levels of Fighter (using 6 per level as per the no roll rule) and a CON of 14 (+2), I would have expected 10 (level 1) + 6 X 4 (for 4 levels) + 2 x 5 (for CON bonus) = 44 (but the total on the sheet is 39).

Just tested a level 5 fighter and get 44. (experience is set to 6500). I'll need a screenshot of the values u entered to get this issue

mattpfeil

First Post
I don't know how to properly describe the problem that I am having, when ever I try to start remaking my character, it just does this... Regardless of what I enter, As soon as I have entered anything it does this.

Capture.PNG

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I don't know how to properly describe the problem that I am having, when ever I try to start remaking my character, it just does this... Regardless of what I enter, As soon as I have entered anything it does this.

Strange, you may not have auto calculations enabled. try hitting F9 recalculate the worksheet. If it works, you can enable auto calculation under File > Options > Formula

Remove ads