• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 2.00 ALPHA TEST 2 Released!

Updated to fix several major bugs from the feedback received!

Have fun and keep the feedback and bug details coming!

Thanks!

ForgedAnvil

Zxurian

First Post
Awesome work, found a few bugs so far in the Alpha 2
* Warlock level 2, under Eldritch Invocations, I can select "Repelling Blast" without having the "Eldritch Blast" cantrip selected.
* Additional feats still don't display - With Additional 1 feat selected, but no Core Feats (1-8) selected, it doesn't display the Feat text anywyere, however it does seem to affect calculations.
CQkZ5aw.pngqAaXYAZ.png
Ex: Additional 1: Observant, it correctly has me assign one more stat point to INT/WIS, however the other bonuses do not appear under "Race, Class, Background, & Feats" anywhere (or in the associated areas)
* Under "Active Features" on CS1, both "Cast Faerie Fire DC14" & "Case Darkness DC 14" both appear, even though I'm only a 2nd level Drow

Last edited:

Zxurian

First Post
Bringing a Rogue 2 over to the new v2.00 TEST 2 and found what may be a bug.

A Rogue starts off with a set of Thieves' tools. Selecting the class Rogue correctly unlocks row 1 under tools. (and even though you can select from all, the implication is that you pick thieves tools.)

If you select a background of Criminal, then it unlocks rows 2 and 3 under tools. Now I could be wrong about this, and would appreciate education if I am.
The background in the PHB lists it as Tool Proficiencies, not that it actually gives you an additional two tools, so you get proficiency in a gaming dice set, as well as proficiency in thieves tools (which is irrelevent since you already get it from the Rogue class).

I n this case, shouldn't there only be one row of tools selectable? (and going further, shouldn't it be fixed to Thieves Tools?)

mboni

Explorer
Updated to fix several major bugs from the feedback received!

I think one of your fixes messed up the races & subraces matrix. I pick Halfling, and Lightfoot is the only option for subrace. I pick Half-High Elf, and Deep is the only option for subrace. I pick Tiefling, and Bronze is the only subrace. Hmm, can a Bronze Tiefling breath fire in addition to resisting it? :)

It looks like the error is most likely in the Halfling list, since races above that have multiple choices, but Halfling and below only have one option. Though now I want to try playing a Stout Human (totally not a Dwarf!)

Last edited:

mboni

Explorer
Ok, this one is not a bug but a sheet design suggestion:
I've got an Owl familiar named Whispers. On CS2 where the MOUNT/FAMILIAR blocks are, I can see Whispers is a Beast, but it doesn't say Owl anywhere. I think the species is probably more important to list than the type.
Btw, I love the MOUNT/FAMILIAR blocks in general, especially how you can change their usage as needed.
I would like to see more animals in the Wild Shape page, 4 just doesn't seem like enough for a Druid in the mid-levels.
And I hope we can get more of the basic beasts defined in the animal listing for Mounts, my Halfling wants to ride a Mastiff. But there's much more important items to do first, so put that towards the bottom of your list.

rhombism

Villager
Is there an easy or practical way to copy blocks of text from the old sheet to the new sheet? I have a fairly extensive Backstory and Allies section and Expedition notes on CSIV and CSV, but when I try to copy them, even one line at a time, I get copy/paste selection areas are different, or can't do that in a merged area errors.

When i wrote the backstory and other text earlier, I wrote it in Word, and then tried to copy it into the 1.6x sheet. No good, same kinds of issues. So I tried copying text in a line at a time. Again, no good.

So I typed it all (retyped) it all in. And then I had to do it, again, a line at a time, because wrapped text went off screen.

I'd had to have to retype all this in again into the new sheet, it would be nice to have a big text area in which I could just type notes and paste them in. As it is now, I'm keeping them in Word and printing those separately.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Zxurian

First Post
Bug Report:
Half-Elf - Ranger 2 - Background: City Watch (Scout)
Under section 4. Skills, it only shows 5 should be selected, when it should be 7. It looks like the mistake is under Background, as it lists BACKGROUND(0) but with two skills.
1qt4cbi.png

Remove ads