D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

I know 1 who did, others did not and even if they download or buy the PHB to better understand classes, they were getting everything else as well. Certainly no one cared to get SCAG but this builder gave them all of the options that were in it. Before the c&d they would have also gained all of the subclasses and spells in Xanathar's. As much as it sucks to lose this excellent resource, I agree with WotC's decision.

I'm fine with WOTC's decision. It's their product and they can manage it the way they'd like. What I'm infering is that people are going to do right or do wrong regardless of the rules so punishing the 95% that do the right thing because of the 5% that are never going to follow the rules just kinda sucks.

ShadowO

First Post
I am not going to step on Forge's toes. He has mentioned to me that he would like to finish updating the CS with the material from XGtE and get it out to everyone. But, not sure how he can distribute it to the masses.

Sending to someone to seed out as a torrent would be an effective way, and ensure it doesn't get removed from another site. At this point FA could just share the password to anyone and it's essentially opened up to others for crowd sourcing new additions - and he can wipe his hands of any legality because the "Internet" did it, not him.

I've seen many tools like this just shared out from google drive docs even. There is always the option to just upload it to someplace like mega fileshare too.

SirHardHead

First Post
Awww man, if there was a finished XGtE version I hope there is a way to get it out to people. But distribution is hard as any site that links to any form of distribution would be in WoTCs sights. I'm just trying to find a version of 2.27 as I missed out on it before it got pulled.

epithet

Explorer
I am not going to step on Forge's toes. He has mentioned to me that he would like to finish updating the CS with the material from XGtE and get it out to everyone. But, not sure how he can distribute it to the masses.

Probably the easiest way would be to create a new gmail account and serve it up off of Google Drive. That has the advantage of offering a place where the most recent, up-to-date version can be found.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Awww man, if there was a finished XGtE version I hope there is a way to get it out to people. But distribution is hard as any site that links to any form of distribution would be in WoTCs sights. I'm just trying to find a version of 2.27 as I missed out on it before it got pulled.

Send me a pm with your email address.

bschrempp

Villager
Hi folks! We've received a DMCA takedown demand for this download from WotC's lawyers. I've already let ForgedAnvil know. I'll be dealing with it when I get back to work on Monday. Just keeping you all in the loop.

Can you move this to a paid location and work out a license with WOTC? I would pay $20 to $40 to buy this. I think I would even pay $10 a year to have this and updates for the year, a subscription type thing.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Can you move this to a paid location and work out a license with WOTC? I would pay $20 to $40 to buy this. I think I would even pay $10 a year to have this and updates for the year, a subscription type thing.

It’s not mine. You’d have to ask ForgedAnvil.

Remove ads