D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

epithet

Explorer
So sad :/ Hard to find a good generator which is free...

Noteworthy that all of the good generators (and FA is the best) have been free or nearly so. It really highlights how asinine it is for DDB to ask for a hundred bucks and a subscription to get the same use out of their “meh” online character tool.

Daniel Walker

First Post
I am very new here but not new to DnD and totally missed something here. I use dndbeyond because I found it first. I don't have a comparison yet, but so far to create a core character, I have not had to spend any money except to get on the internet. Now for special non core stuff, that does cost money but core character creation does not. I just whipped up a 4th level dragonborn sorcerer with some nice stuff. By no means is this meant to be an advertisement for dndbeyond nor a slam on this resource as I too would have liked to have seen it. I am a web developer and also Excel coder of sorts so it would have been nice to check it out!!

Dannyboy7702

First Post
This is an interim release for those who would like to start testing some of the Xanathar's content

Currently the new Cleric, Fighter and Warlock Hexblade subclasses have been implemented, the Barbarian Storm Herald is wip and some feats have been implemented but also wip. Appreciate those who are keen to help out to review these and let me know of any issues or missing content - there are some areas like the Active Features that need review as well. Detailed feedback is appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who provides feedback to refine and improve this character generator, keep the bug fixes and awesome ideas coming

As always have fun!

Cheers
ForgedAnvil

I have the 2.7 version, I guess there was one more version released that I missed, 2.8.

Does 2.28 include XGtE?

v2.28 was a beta. As you can see from the above quote that only a few things were added to v2.28 and during its short life there were bugs that were being discovered and fixed (a few new bugs caused issues that were not present in v2.28).

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Any change of you releasing the password to the Excel file so I can continue to expand on this for my private use?

I need some help with Expertise. A Rogue gets Expertise on two skills, but I cannot figure out where in the sheet I make them.

You want the passwords to have full access to the CS, so that you can "continue to expand on this for my private use". But, you just now figured out where to select your two rogue expertise skills. Yeah I don't think you or anyone else that is asking for the passwords know what you are asking for.

To all those community members new and old that keep asking for the passwords to unlock the CS.... STOP ASKING!!!!!!
Forge will decided whether or not to release the password. I know he checks to forum, and if he hasn't released the password for all of the others that have asked for it, the chances of him releasing it are slim to none.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
I am very new here but not new to DnD and totally missed something here. I use dndbeyond because I found it first. I don't have a comparison yet, but so far to create a core character, I have not had to spend any money except to get on the internet. Now for special non core stuff, that does cost money but core character creation does not. I just whipped up a 4th level dragonborn sorcerer with some nice stuff. By no means is this meant to be an advertisement for dndbeyond nor a slam on this resource as I too would have liked to have seen it. I am a web developer and also Excel coder of sorts so it would have been nice to check it out!!

The D&D Beyond basic character builder is extremely limited. If you want more options for your character you have to pay for it. Forge's CS was for character building and maintaining. His CS provides the player with more detailed information concerning their individual character and allows for ease of designing and building a new character. If a person wanted more information concerning races, character classes, and other character building related questions they would need to individual books/ manuals. I built a character using D&D Beyond and found it extremely limiting. Forge's CS is not. It is easy to use (especially for new players).

If you would like to see the CS send me a PM with your email address.

Remove ads