D&D 5E Forgotten Realms: Rising from the Last Realms Shaking Event

gyor

Legend
Forgotten Realms: Rising from the Last Realms Shaking Event.

Okay the title is a tongue in cheek play on Eberron Rising from the Last War, but my point is a book like Eberron Rising From the Last War is the sort of book I've been asking for, but for the Forgotten Realms from WotC and given it's success I am hoping FR gets it's own version of a book with that function and size. Aka FRCG sort of book, but 5e style.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
What is it you hope to see from book like this that isn’t covered on SCAG?

Do you want something for all the nations not on the Sword Coast and how they’re coming out of the Sundering?
I think that would have been a cool thing to have done early in 5e’s life cycle. Back when people were still hyped to be going back to FR and reverting 4e’s changes to it. But now, after the Sundering adventure path failed to go anywhere and five years without any campaign setting books and only two first-party adventures set anywhere but FR, I think it would be a bad move.

gyor

Legend
What is it you hope to see from book like this that isn’t covered on SCAG?

Do you want something for all the nations not on the Sword Coast and how they’re coming out of the Sundering?

Okay ideally I'd want all the nations on Toril covered, a detailed map of Toril, a bit on Torils cosmology and Realmspace, and a detailed master list of religions/deities of FR, and some stuff on races of FR.

Realistically the nations of the Supercontinent (Faerun/Kara Tur/Zakhara) that is the main focus of FR, some Player stuff, master list of Gods/religions in chart form, and a Detailed Map of the main Supercontinent. Maybe much short mentions of Maztica.

Faerun alone has more nations then all the continents of Eberron, so doing the nations of Faerun, Kara Tur, and Zakara (which is really one diverse empire).

Last edited:

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Okay ideally I'd want all the nations on Toril covered, a detailed map of Toril, a bit on Torils cosmology and Realmspace, and a detailed master list of religions/deities of FR, and some stuff on races of FR.

Realistically the nations of the Supercontinent (Faerun/Kara Tur/Zakhara) that is the main focus of FR, some Player stuff, master list of Gods/religions in chart form, and a Detailed Map of the main Supercontinent. Maybe much short mentions of Maztica.

Faerun alone has more nations then all the continents of Eberron, so doing the nations of Faerun, Kara Tur, and Zakara (which is really one diverse empire).

I think I read something on Sageadvice.eu where Ed Greenwood said there would be a 600 page sourcebook for the Forgotten Realms coming to the DM’s Guild sometime next year.
I just can’t remember its title.

EDIT
Found it.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
As long as it reprints with Errata to make them work better the Genasi, gives us a Swordmage class, and maybe some Beastfolk from the east, I’m into it.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I feel like such a book would be a great place to explore the design space of feats with level gates, and feats that are an optional “power creep”.

Stuff like, Chosen feats, Epic Destiny feats, Prestige Feats, etc.

So, if you’re gonna allow someone to play a chosen, then everyone at the table can take this class of feat, which are balanced amongst themselves, but not balanced with respect to PHB feats. They would fill the roll of 4e themes/Paragon paths/epic destinies, or earlier prestige classes, etc.

Epic Feats, particularly, would be a way to make the heroes Epic regardless of their level, allowing the play of heroes similar to Elminster and Erebus Cale and other Chosen within the leveling sweet spot.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Which one is that?
Murder in Baldur’s Gate, Legacy of the Crystal Shard, Dreams of the Red Wizards: Scourge of the Sword Coast, and Dreams of the Red Wizards: Dead in Thay. They were system-agnostic adventures that came out towards the end of the D&D Next Playtest, and supposedly groups who played it were going to be able to report the outcomes of their play throughs, which would allegedly have an impact on the Sundering metaplot. Nothing really came of that though.

Remove ads