• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Former 4E doubter , I have high hopes now

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Mourn said:
That's like me saying "Hey, I want nothing to do with Samantha." and then asking how she's doing. By seeking information about her, I proved my "want nothing to do with" comment to be wrong, since I am seeking information on her (which is something, in case you weren't aware).
Aaaaagggghhhhh!!!! Curse you, Mourn! I had almost completely forgotten about Samantha for ever and ever (or at least 23 minutes) until you mentioned her name. Waaahhhhhhhh!

fanatic.gif

The Little Raven

First Post
TarionzCousin said:
Aaaaagggghhhhh!!!! Curse you, Mourn! I had almost completely forgotten about Samantha for ever and ever (or at least 23 minutes) until you mentioned her name. Waaahhhhhhhh!

fanatic.gif

Hey man, it's hard not to want something to do her... errr do to her... errr... with her.

Abstraction

First Post
Mourn said:
This is funny coming from the guy who "was a doubter, but I cast my doubt aside. At this point, I want nothing to do with 4th edition based on what I've read on EN World and at the WotC site."

That's like me saying "Hey, I want nothing to do with Samantha." and then asking how she's doing. By seeking information about her, I proved my "want nothing to do with" comment to be wrong, since I am seeking information on her (which is something, in case you weren't aware).
Where can I find more info on this "Samantha-edition"? I was a doubter, but Samantha-edition won me over!

Arkhandus

First Post
*Roots around in his brain for a moment*

Hmm. Nope, I still hate the majority of 4E stuff. :lol:

But good on you for thinking about it seriously and changing your mind.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Still waiting for more information before I decide if I like/dislike it.

It really sounds like I'll still be running 3.5, but I'll be running it the same way I still run Fantasy Hero, Fantasy GURPS, Warhammer, Palladium, etc.... As a seperate game system because the new system, while having the same name, has eliminated many of the commonalities that even the mechanically different 3.0/3.5 still had with previous editions.

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
Mourn said:
This is funny coming from the guy who "was a doubter, but I cast my doubt aside. At this point, I want nothing to do with 4th edition based on what I've read on EN World and at the WotC site."

What's funny is the pack-wolf mentality I'm seeing at this site lately. Dissenters are made to feel unwelcome by trolls. It's sad because I used to enjoy discussions about games (rather than pointless arguments) on ENWorld.

To clarify for those who can't wrap their head around this:
When I first heard about the release of 4th edition I had my doubts BUT looked for every shred of information regarding it so that I could make an informed decision.

Sadly, based on most of what I've read, I have no interest in buying or playing 4th edition BUT am still reading up on it because I'm hoping to read something that might shift my opinion.

It's not that complicated... really.

I guess this is why WotC feels the need to simplify D&D.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
cperkins said:
I guess this is why WotC feels the need to simplify D&D.
I agree that you were being pigpiled, which was extremely inappropriate. That's why a mod stepped in. Please don't take the opportunity to make cheap shots against the game, though; that's just going to reopen the argument.

Back on track, folks.

BryonD

Hero
Transit said:
Judging by the debate around here, I'd say the number would just about equal the number of former 4E supporters that now have serious doubts about 4E.
Raises hand.

I was thrilled back in August. Now I'm just looking for some scraps to re-tool into my 3X stuff.

Remove ads