D&D 4E Former 4E doubter , I have high hopes now

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Wormwood said:
None of those are visually representative of 'you are looking at a girl'.

It doesn't need to be. It just needs to be enough that characters who are familiar with dragonborn will know that the one with the brightly coloured crest is the male. Perhaps there may be some confusion if the PCs have never seen dragonborn before, but in general the DM will just say "you see a female dragonborn" and everyone will assume that their characters are familiar enough with the race that they recognize its secondary sexual traits with some degree of accuracy. All you need is a believable in-game explanation going in, and the whole issue can forevermore be ignored. Males are red and females are green. Males are big and females are small. Males are spiny and females are smooth. It doesn't matter which set of traits you pick, so long as the PCs are familiar with the difference and you can call a given dragonborn male or female without it being controversial.

That they picked boobs over this seemingly large selection of other potential characteristics, again, speaks volumes.

If modern fantasy art has taught me anything (and 3e is NO exception), it's that men and women wear very different chest armor.
Perhaps it's not too much to hope that women in 4E won't wear armour designed to channel every blow directly toward the heart?

Ahglock

First Post
med stud said:
OT: I agree with you that I don't like Oblivion as much as Morrowind but that's because of the scaling opponents and weaker story line.

Try the OOM mod, it removes the scaling and actually places monster levels based on region and location and puts in certain set bosses for various quests and dungeons. It got me to actually play the game again since I quit in boredom due to the scaling.

Still has a weaker story though.

As for the dumbing down of oblivion the fast travel kind of does that.

My only complaints though were the scaling monsters, removal of the jump spell and levitate, and the game still should be renamed better living through alchemy cause dang that one skill changes your ability to survive and win a fight more than anything else.

Xyl

First Post
Dr. Awkward said:
Question: do you own a Ford? Because you don't talk like a man who owns a Ford.
Nah, I've got a 19-year-old Subaru. But I still wouldn't want to drive a Model T. Top speed 45 mph, no power steering, no airbags, no cupholders...

Remove ads