• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forsaker Help

EverSoar

First Post
I need to work out a workable solution to the need to destroy magic items daily.

Has anyone got any solutions?

please, need help asap

Mr Fidgit

First Post
i've seen 2 solutions (or at least proposals) posted on the boards (i can't search, or i'd post links to the threads)

1) the forsaker has to carry magic items around and destroy them as needed

2) some would house rule a magic destruction 'pool': if the forsaker had 3/+1 resistance (needed to destroy 300 gp of magic a day) and destroyed an item worth 3000 gp, the resistance would work for 10 days)

just some thoughts...

wolff96

First Post
Number 2 is definitely the most sensible option.

Otherwise, you run into ridiculous situations where the Forsaker has no incentive to destroy the super-powerful-uber Mage Staff because he can trash the mage's winged boots.

The bigger the item broken, the longer the resistances and powers should last, IMO.

Crothian

First Post
I also think it should last a little longer, but otherwise think #2 is the best way to go.

Another option is to expect the Forsaker to destroy all the magic he can, and as long as he does this just allow him to have the DR all the time.

radferth

First Post
You could even make up some scheme for how long the powers last. If they have + 3 DR and run out of "magic xp" you could have the DR fade to the +2 level for a time, and then +1. If I were DMing a forsaker, I would definitely not allow them any effect from sacrificing magic items which were carried around for just such an occasion. (e.g. party keeps lots of potions around so that the forsaker can distroy one whenever he needs the DR).

Remove ads