• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fort Knocks - knight otu judging

Boddynock

First Post
Brother Eusebius, human monk 1

Kahuna Burger said:
Jenrald smiles. "We would be happy to provide you all with some traveling food, but to be honest this gathering is taxing our stores. There should be a few good sized towns on your route however."
"How many days' travel to the nearest? I certainly don't want to compromise your ability to offer aid to other travellers. If we know that we have enough food to get to the nearest town, we can purchase further supplies there."

Eusebius waits for Jenrald's reply. Once he is satisfied that the group can make the trip without having to sidetrack for food, he goes out and joins Rurik. On the way he says, "Nodis, if you would like to show us your talents outside, we can discuss tactics while we wait for the rest of our party."

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik, after tying his pack atop the haunches of the great beast, manages to grab hold of a stirrup and hoist himself aboard his horse. As Eusebius goes outside, he can see Rurik's small profile mounted up and ready to go. As Rurik looks over to him, a sardonic grin crosses the dwarf's face.

"Dinna laugh a' me, Br'er; I plan ta 'aul yer ore for tha chain be'ind 'im, figgerin' such an animal ta be more'n capable fer the job than me auld pony. 'Twas worth the 'mbarrassment, I reck'n."

Looking behind himself, Rurik makes sure his axes are secured within easy reach, yet arranged in such a manner as not to chafe the horse, or worse, wound him.

Someone

Adventurer
Boddynock said:
On the way he says, "Nodis, if you would like to show us your talents outside, we can discuss tactics while we wait for the rest of our party."

"Ah, cool." says Nodis, getting out.

Outside he waits for the monk, looking around, and when Eusebius arrives he points at one big rock. "You´ve seen the crystal dart. Now pretend that rock is an skeleton, or something. You´ll have to keep it away from me, because it takes a while."

Shielded a couple or two yards behind the monk, Nodis concentrates. Some seconds after, a short humanoid figure with stubby legs and huge arms suddendly coalesces from a miilky mist behind the stone, and starts bashing it with energy. It dissipates after a short while.

"With practice, it´s supposed to get bigger and last longer." says the boy.

Boddynock

First Post
Brother Eusebius, human monk 1

dpdx said:
As Eusebius goes outside, he can see Rurik's small profile mounted up and ready to go. As Rurik looks over to him, a sardonic grin crosses the dwarf's face.

"Dinna laugh a' me, Br'er; I plan ta 'aul yer ore for tha chain be'ind 'im, figgerin' such an animal ta be more'n capable fer the job than me auld pony. 'Twas worth the 'mbarrassment, I reck'n."
"As if I would laugh at you, my friend!" Then he grins and says, "Thank you for making such a sacrifice for me."

Someone said:
Shielded a couple or two yards behind the monk, Nodis concentrates. Some seconds after, a short humanoid figure with stubby legs and huge arms suddendly coalesces from a miilky mist behind the stone, and starts bashing it with energy. It dissipates after a short while.

"Ah, now that's useful! I could keep the enemy away from you while you summon your ... er, helper. Then, if need be, I could move in to assist it in attacking our foe. You say your summoning will last longer with practise? That is good. We might coordinate our attacks, keeping the enemy off balance and making the most of our strikes."

"Does it always appear in that orientation, behind the foe? A most useful skill." Eusebius will talk animatedly with Nodis, discussing tactics, asking him to demonstrate other skills, until the group is ready to leave.

dpdx

Explorer
Br'er E. said:
"As if I would laugh at you, my friend!" Then he grins and says, "Thank you for making such a sacrifice for me."
Rurik waves Eusebius away, still smiling. "Arr, 'tis naught. Besides, we're nah done yet. I'll be needin' a wagon an' harness after, if they would sell it me."

Rurik then turns to observe Nodis' demonstration.

Nodis said:
Rurik applauds in appreciation. "Longer, aye, but need not be bigger - thass a fine representation of a dwarf ye got there as 'tis!"

Someone

Adventurer
Boddynock said:
"Does it always appear in that orientation, behind the foe? A most useful skill." Eusebius will talk animatedly with Nodis, discussing tactics, asking him to demonstrate other skills, until the group is ready to leave.

"I can make it appear where I want" answers Nodis. "But not too far away. And I don´t summon it: it doesn´t come from anywhere, I think I create it on the spot. That´s what it´s supopsed to be, and I think it´s true because I can give it almost any shape I want."

Boddynock

First Post
Someone said:
"I can make it appear where I want" answers Nodis. "But not too far away. And I don´t summon it: it doesn´t come from anywhere, I think I create it on the spot. That´s what it´s supopsed to be, and I think it´s true because I can give it almost any shape I want."
"So could you give it the shape of something which might immobilise an enemy, holding it still so that the rest of us could attack it at will?"

Someone

Adventurer
"I´ve tried something snake-like" answers Nodis. "But the thing breaks and dies. When I said ány shape´I meant I can give it longer legs, or be wolflike shaped, or even wings."

(ooc: Sorry, the improved grab ability is in menu B, and Nodis can only select abilities from menu A. At least, he can craft an astral construct that lasts two rounds instead of one thanks to Overchannel and Talented.)

Boddynock

First Post
Someone said:
"I´ve tried something snake-like" answers Nodis. "But the thing breaks and dies. When I said ány shape´I meant I can give it longer legs, or be wolflike shaped, or even wings."
"Wings? Hmm, that opens up all sorts of possibilities. Very interesting indeed."

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik complains from high atop his oversized mount: "Arr, vex! 'S us tree all what's goin' nah, or's every'un else fixin' ta wait fer the 'Ore Suns ta get their byoo'ty rest?! Pr'aps I ought ter pitch camp right 'ere!"

Not waiting for an answer, Rurik climbs down from his horse, and fists clenched, marches directly back toward the hostel.

Throwing the door open with a boom, Rurik stands a moment in the doorway, arms akimbo. After a second's pause, he speaks.

"I'm sure an' if we talk about it long enough, them zombie's a juss fall o'er by thesselves!

An' dun take my word fer it, after all I only kilt a demon me ownself, but tha firs' part o' valor is gettin' off yer barstool ta face it!
"

Remove ads