Forum Subscriptions?

Wicht

Hero
Well a while ago I subscribed to Fight Club to see what it would do and now when I click on my user cp I have a link from that page to fight club. I am not sure what the benefit of that is supposed to be...

Holy Bovine

First Post
I have no real information I just like to post

Well I've subscibed to two forums (MEta and General). So far all it does is provide links to those forums from your 'user cp' . But there is also a line at the bottom of the list that says 'there have been 0 new posts in the last 0 days for these forums'. Fiddled around with a pull down menu for a longer period of time (last 20 days) and promptly got logged out :mad:

Still not sure what its supposed to do (as I said in my header and you shouldn't even have had to read this far):p

pensiv

Explorer
Subscription to threads or forums is meant to provide a concise, personalized list of topics that are important to you. The subscription will show you at a glance what would normally take much navigating through the boards.

and that is the long and short of it.

graydoom

First Post
Makes sense... but I don't think I'll have all that much use for it. I've changed the way the forum displays for me so that it shows which threads I've already visited, so I know when a thread is new, and I'm good at remembering what I've posted in.

Guess it's worth a try to subscribe, though. Can't hurt.

Wicht

Hero
graydoom said:
I've changed the way the forum displays for me so that it shows which threads I've already visited, so I know when a thread is new, and I'm good at remembering what I've posted in.

How did you do this - its bugging me that its not marking which threads I have read already.

graydoom

First Post
How I did is a long story. I wasn't able to find any way to do it by changing options or whatnot, so I had to use the Proxomitron. The Proxomitron is a great little program that filters out thing like banner ads, intrusive javascript, and pop-ups. You can also add custom filters to it, and I added in a filter that changed the Style Sheet that the forum pages use.

I don't know of any other way to do it. If you decide to download Proxomitron, I could help you set up a filter that would do what you want.

Last edited:

Remove ads