• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FotR Extended DVD Problem

Balfin

First Post
Just wondering if anyone else has this probelm, but my DVD won't play on my computer. It's incredibly annoying as I will soon be going back to university and not have access to my dvd player and will be relying solely on the one in my computer. For some reason when I put the disk in the drive, the drive name changes from "DVD Drive (D:)" to "CD Drive (D:)". Everyone other DVD I have works fine, including the National Geographic thing that comes with the FotR.

I'm open to suggestions, even if it's just who to yell at the get this fixed.

Thanks.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Check if there is any damage to the DVD itself. I swear every time I try to pry the DVDs from the placeholder out of the case, I might have bent it to a terrible angle.

Clean the DVD-ROM drive with a DVD lens cleaning disc.

Then check if the PC have the latest version of the software DVD player. You might want to install InterActual DVD player straight from the DVD.

Balfin

First Post
I'd like to try installing InterActual, but I can't even get that far. The computer simply refuses to read the disc. I tried it on a couple of other computers too, with the same result.

I'm bringing it back to the store tomorrow, unless some solution presents itself before hand.

Welverin

First Post
Does it happen with all four discs?

If you know anyone else who has it try theirs out in your PC to see if it's just your disc of this particular movie

As for the Interactual player you can check one of your other DVD's to see if it's on one of them. At least half of mine have it, so I'd bet you have at least one more with it.

I've had the exact same thing happen. Disc one loads okay, but disc two won't load at all. Wow, I thought it was just me. I contacted Interactual, and they told me to return the disc. Since I primarily watch on my TV set-top player, and I couldn't find the receipt, I decided not to bother. Reinstalling Interactual didn't seem to help, but the version on their site as of a couple weeks ago was the same as the version I already had. Let me know what you find out.

mooby

First Post
I had a big problem w/ disc 2 for a while too. The thing would always skip in scene 3 on the second disc.

I ended up trying it on a friends DVD player, but the same thing kept on happening.

I kept bringing it back, and I finally have a copy that works...

...along with eight free passes to the movie! Three are left!

KenM

Banned
Banned
The two disc's with the movie on it played fine on my DVD player, but certian features on disc's 3 and 4 would not play on my DVD player, but they work good on my computer.

Last edited:

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
This was apparently a problem in general with the Extended Edition DVD's. Check out the archives at The One Ring , as they had quite a bit about this for several weeks after the DVD's came out. I didn't pay close attention as the problem didn't apply to me, but I think it ws driver issues. If you check the archives for the middle of November you should come up with some links. I think the issues were resolved in most cases.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads