• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Found a Real Bug this time I think (e tools)

dagger

Adventurer
I cant seem to post on Fluids boards so I will post it hear. This time I think I found a real bug.

A human rogue with 16 int is supposed to have 48 skill points at first level but it only gives you 32. Yep thats it!

Wierd thing is, the first time I made the character it had the 48 but, I had to redo it and it wont give up the 48 , just keeps putting in 32.

Last edited:

Christian

Explorer
Look around in the 'how do I' forum at Fluid. There's an issue with how that 16 is put in on a manually entered character ... Many people have reported bugs with skill point totals not matching Int mods, and so far they've all resolved to a misunderstanding of the interface. (Not that that's hard with this interface and no manual ...)

Christian

Explorer
Oh, what the hey. Not knowing what your problem was with the Fluid boards (I can read them but not post right now), I hunted it down for you. In this thread, Scott Matthews says:

Knightblade, you are only getting 12 skill points I think because you 'user adjusted' your INT on the roll dialog. (EN is correct in what he says on this point).

However, we did add an additional way for you to adjust your stats the way you want and have it effect point-based systems (such as skills):

I have attached a screenshot to point out the appropriate area.

If you are unable to view it, follow these instructions:
Go to the roll dialog
Under the 'Method' drop down dialog, select "user entry"
You can then input the values you choose.
Note that you input these values on the right hand side of the dialog in the boxes provided. NOT under the 'user' column in the middle of the dialog.

I hope this fixes your problem!

Davin

First Post
dagger said:
Why is it giving my wifes character a -2 to three skills (craft, disable device, and open lock)???
Just guessing (without even looking), but I'll bet it's cause she didn't buy the "proper tools" for doing those jobs. For instance, you get a -2 to Open Lock if you haven't equipped a set of lockpicks. (They mention these kinds of things over in Fluid's forums, which you can still [painfully] read through even if you can't post, in case you'd like to see if there's anything else there that's been bothering you that you haven't mentioned.)

Remove ads