• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fourth Edition largely unavailable at Amazon.com

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
My local major chain is out of stock on everything, neither FLGS has any 4e stock (nor ever did), my preferred online game shop is low on stock and doesn't have everything I need, and amazon is likewise out of some items.

I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Nod_Hero

Explorer
My LGS was selling all remaining stock at 50% off to clear the shelf space.
What they didn't have, I mostly got from eBay. Some of the prices on the e are ridiculous, but with patience you can get some pretty good deals for 4e materials.

Warunsun

First Post
It has been five weeks since my post and fourth edition/recent reprints are still "Temporarily out of stock." and some books are now listed as "This item is only available from third-party sellers." This includes recent releases like the OD&D set from December. :(

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
It has been five weeks since my post and fourth edition/recent reprints are still "Temporarily out of stock." and some books are now listed as "This item is only available from third-party sellers." This includes recent releases like the OD&D set from December. :(
I'm happy I got the last of the 1E re-release books and the re-release of Magic Item Compendium today, then.

Now I just need to scoop up the remaining Dungeon Tiles sets I need before they, too, are gone forever.

Warunsun

First Post
Is that unusual for out-of-print books?

It is unusual for books by the Wizard's RPG Team to be unavailable so quickly. Amazon.com was still selling new third edition books after fourth edition was released. It certainly looks like it will be different this time. The OD&D reprint was released to book vendors in December and it is already gone. The printed Sundering adventures (from August & November) are all on waiting lists with up to a five week delivery delay listed. This is very unusual.

Remove ads