D&D 5E Fourth party member

rgoodbb

Adventurer
With a goliath redemption paladin, a grung shepherd druid, and a human (telekinetic feat) aberrant mind sorcerer all at 7th level, what fourth party member would all you Enworldians consider to round this group off nicely?

…and why? If you would be so kind.

Ps. Enworldian: New race! Silly stat blocks welcome!

BookTenTiger

He / Him
A Utility or Social character would have a lot to do in this group.

I'd either go with a wizard and grab lots of rituals and utility spells, or a rogue or bard and pump some social skills.

In terms of lineage, you have a giant, a frog, and a human. No one has taken a long-lived lineage, so an elf, dwarf, gnome, etc would really stand out.

If it were up to me, my two choices would be:

Gnome illusionist wizard, focusing on utility and trickery spells.

Or

Elf rogue, focusing on both trap-finding and social skills.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Okay it looks like you have a party face duties and wilderness play covered. Urban play, dungeons, and INT based skills look a little weak. On a combat side, you've got a front liner, summoned meatshields, a healer and a backup. The sorcerer can go in a lot of directions, can you tell us about them?

Urban, dungeons and INT based could be well suited by an AT or Mastermind rogue. Phantom may fit as well with flexible skills. I'd suggest archer since you have a lot of front-line already, so that lessens Mastermind. If you reallllly want to multiclass, a level of Knowledge cleric gives you lots of doubled skills between your Expertise and your Blessing of Knowledge, plus you can be a "stand the healer back up" or "hold concentration on Bless" person. If you want to go melee instead, both AT or High Elf will let you pick up one of the melee cantrips.

One sort of meta question - how many encounters a day are regular with the DM, and how do they do short rests? That will impact the balance of the classes compared to each other.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
A Utility or Social character would have a lot to do in this group.
They have a paladin and a sorcerer, I would assume they have social already covered.

In terms of lineage, you have a giant, a frog, and a human. No one has taken a long-lived lineage, so an elf, dwarf, gnome, etc would really stand out.

If it were up to me, my two choices would be:

Gnome illusionist wizard, focusing on utility and trickery spells.

Or

Elf rogue, focusing on both trap-finding and social skills.
I like your thoughts about lineage. (And about classes.)

jgsugden

Legend
To balance it out, I would add a stealth and combat PC. Likely a monk. You want to establish a stronger front line to protect the sorcerer and druid. The stealth abilities will give you the capability to scout for the group, and monks start to really get fun at around that level.

aco175

Legend
7th level thieves get their cool power to take no damage from a dex save. I like halflings despite what the 50 page thread is saying.

Remove ads