FR to look like a Roger Dean painting

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Kishin said:
You should probably not refer to Yes as 'terrible', considering they're arguably the most influential progressive rock band of all time.

Influential yes they were, but they've never been my cup of tea. As far as prog rock goes, I've always loved Rush and some of the prog-metal bands like Iron Maiden and Queensryche. Yes did have some cool album covers though.

hong

WotC's bitch
Doug McCrae said:
In the early 80s, I had a friend who loved Yes and Roger Dean. I could never get into Yes, almost the antithesis of what I like in music, more of a punk fan, but I loved Dean's art.

Funny, you don't look like a punk.

I LOVE it. I was just looking at some 2e art and realized it has been so long since I wished I could step right into the pictures...

Sounds awesome.

SSquirrel

Explorer
Whisperfoot said:
Influential yes they were, but they've never been my cup of tea. As far as prog rock goes, I've always loved Rush and some of the prog-metal bands like Iron Maiden and Queensryche. Yes did have some cool album covers though.

I can enjoy Yes so long as I remember that Jon Anderson admits many of his lyrics don't mean anything, they were just good phonetic sounds to string together. Then I can just sit back and enjoy the music. I enjoy King Crimson or any era of Genesis more than Yes tho. Besides, I can't listen to Yes at my boring desk job or I might fall asleep heh. Genesis "Duke" album tho or the "Lamb"...yes.

We should start a new thread about which 70's prog band would make a better influence for the Realms. Maybe a poll ;) King Crimson vs Yes vs Rush vs Genesis vs Van Der Graff Generator vs ELP. Maybe more.

I may be strange, but I like change. Especially when going between editions. 3E FR was more just gathering what had been hapepning in the books and catching everyone up. 4E is much more "Hi, we're here to bulldoze your home, rebuild it w/Salvador Dali on peyote as the head engineer and here, we brought a few spare Tiefling and Dragonborn. Have fun!" Which sounds fun heh

Hm....try this then ;)
pykes_tower_3b800.jpg

I was listneing to Rush, "the Necromancer" earlier...sigh, I feel old... :p

Glyfair

Explorer
SSquirrel said:
IWe should start a new thread about which 70's prog band would make a better influence for the Realms. Maybe a poll ;) King Crimson vs Yes vs Rush vs Genesis vs Van Der Graff Generator vs ELP. Maybe more.
Heh. I don't know about the Realms specifically, but I have run adventures that were inspired by Genesis songs.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Kishin said:
You should probably not refer to Yes as 'terrible', considering they're arguably the most influential progressive rock band of all time.

I'd wait for the actual art to hit, and then we'll see. They certainly won't have the muted feel as Dean.
Considering I'd rather make a flute from my fingerbones than listen to Yes for longer than it takes to switch off the classic rock station, I'd hate to hear what less "influential" bands sound like.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
If the "new" FR is going to use Roger Dean as inspiration for its look, count me a fan.

Someone beat me to this, so I'll just second the suggestion of Rodney Matthews as another similar inspiration...says he, who has now run something like 4 or 5 adventures built straight out of one or another of Matthews' works... :)

Lanefan

Remove ads