Free Fantasy Architecture II (New Stuff 5/3/2005)

KnidVermicious

First Post
Silentspace:

I create the models in AutoCAD and then I use a program called Piranesi to color them. Piranesi is made by Informatix and lets you use "artistic" styles rather than photorealistic style to render 3D models. It's super slick.

Usually the model-building takes much longer than the rendering for me. I find that building the models is almost like building an airplane model, but without the fun of gluing your fingers together.

I'm finishing up a top secret project for KidCharlemagne, and then I'll start on the Pit of Gorgos.

Last edited:

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
KnidVermicious said:
I'm finishing up a top secret project for KidCharlemagne, and then I'll start on the Pit of Gorgos.

You should be able to post what you've done for me after this weekend. In fact, you could post the snowglobe right now, if you're happy with the model.

KnidVermicious

First Post
So here's KidCharlemagne's snowglobe. Nothing sinister, just a harmless snowglobe...of pure concentrated evil! Bum Bum Baaaah! Anyway, I'll let KidC tell the story as it unfolds.

Attachments

• snowglobe.jpg
    snowglobe.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 327

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
KnidVermicious said:
So here's KidCharlemagne's snowglobe. Nothing sinister, just a harmless snowglobe...of pure concentrated evil! Bum Bum Baaaah! Anyway, I'll let KidC tell the story as it unfolds.

I'll tell some of it - as the PC's in my game know it.

My current game is taking place around a Hogwarts-ish University of Magic (the school, Knid posted in post 1 of this thread). One of the legends of the school is that there once was a fortress of the local Prince of the Unseelie Fey on that location - actually on the Plane of Shadow, but at a very "weak point" in the connection between the two planes. The founders of the school found this to be a less than ideal situation, and somehow imprisoned the Unseelie fortress.

One of the local theories is that the Headmaster of the School at the time imprisoned the fortress in a snowglobe that now sits on the desk ofthe current Headmaster....

...and my PC's know someone is trying to get access to the fortress...

adwyn

Community Supporter
I was wondering if I could tempt you into illustrating the inside of a cathedral for my current game.

The basic design is octagonal, with a wide double doored entrance opening onto a hallway that leads completely around the inner sanctum. Pillars seperate the hallway from a series of colliseum style steps/seats that lead down to an octagonal floor at the bottom. A series of tall, arrowslit style windows flank a balcony style stage that protrudes from one wall.

KnidVermicious

First Post
adwyn-Sure, the cathedral sounds interesting. I haven't tried to do an interior yet, so it should be a fun challenge. I've finished KidCharlemagne's secret project, and hopefully I can post those images soon. I've just barely begun on Eosin the Red's Pit of Gorgos, but once I'm done with that I'll start on the cathedral.

Remove ads