• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free RPG Day is Saturday!

Bumbles

First Post
I went to the local game store that was doing the event, they had them on a table in the back. Picked up one of everything they had except the Hollow Earth thing which was the only one left. Already given the Geist and the Rogue Trader away to somebody else.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
There was a Hollow Earth accessory? Drat, didn't see it or free dice, but got one of everything else. In exchange, I bought a basic D&D starter set to give to a friend's daughter, and a Paranoia supplement.

Pandemonium in Central Square, Cambridge was packed; lots of people (20+) downstairs gaming. That's great to see.

Bumbles

First Post
There was a Hollow Earth accessory?

Yeah, but it was just a short adventure from what I could tell. Of the products on the table, it was easily the least impressive. I didn't bother with it since I knew it'd be released on PDF shortly and that the quality difference would be minimal from printing it out. Assuming I wanted to do that, which I don't yet mind you.

Qwillion

First Post
Free Rpg Day! Rite Publishing Offerings

62989.jpg

Rite Publishing has three special product for Free Rpg Day.

Fantastic Maps: The Ice Temple from the same cartographer (Jonathan Roberts) that brought you the Kobold Quarterly "Bandit Cave" map of fantasy.

Items Evolved: Rituals
Something even players can take advantage of

Mythical Monstrosities Because you can never have enough monsters and it includes the Taurian Playable Race and Racial Class so that even a player can get something out of it.

Hope you enjoy them, and hope you will let us know what you think of them.

scourger

Explorer
Got my swag. Before you get upset at your FLGS just note that these kits are not free for them, it costs them $65 to buy a "free" RPG day kit.

That is good to know as I was wondering how much it costs the store to have the free RPG items. It looks like there are different levels of sponsorship, too. I spent more than that at my participating FLGS today as a way of saying "thanks". One of the guys there was telling me that last year some people came in, grabbed free stuff & left (not regulars and never bought a thing). I tried to encourage the owner that it is sowing the seeds of future purchases, but I also decided a little direct financial feedback was in order, too. I got all the titles I wanted, so I'm pretty happy about it all.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
I went, got my stuff, but they reserved the dice (which they had limited quantities of) for those who stayed and gamed. I can kind of see that, but at the same time, this isn't conducive to bringing new customers in. Sounds like they just gave the stuff to their friends.

Also didn't see all the goodies there I saw on the site. Still, got the Eberron module and the Pathfinder book, so I'm good. Also got the Paranoia, Rogue Trader, and Geist books.

Plus my Eberron Player's Guide came in the mail today along with my Pathfinder module, and I've got my AC/HP shirt on. Good RPG times indeed! :cool:

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
That is good to know as I was wondering how much it costs the store to have the free RPG items. It looks like there are different levels of sponsorship, too. I spent more than that at my participating FLGS today as a way of saying "thanks". One of the guys there was telling me that last year some people came in, grabbed free stuff & left (not regulars and never bought a thing). I tried to encourage the owner that it is sowing the seeds of future purchases, but I also decided a little direct financial feedback was in order, too. I got all the titles I wanted, so I'm pretty happy about it all.

I bought a copy of the GR Thieves' World Player's Manual for $9.85 and reordered a green and red chess set for the third time (this time the supplier says its in stock).

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I picked up the Paizo and WotC offerings.

Attachments

• khybers_harvest_00.gif
    khybers_harvest_00.gif
    152.1 KB · Views: 81
  • paizo_bonus_bestiary_01.gif
    paizo_bonus_bestiary_01.gif
    163.6 KB · Views: 64

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads