• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Free RPG Day is Saturday!

Windjammer

Adventurer
Hey, Windjammer, just out of curiosity, what shop is that?

That's John and Carol of Games Keeper. Wonderful people who put great effort to bring the D&D Games Days to Oxford (Weekend in the Realms etc). And, basically any time a new 4E hardcover reaches their shop, they email us to let us know it's here.

Home

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
I ran a game of Savage Worlds (using Necropolis 2350) at The Comics Club in Brandon, FL (the only game store in the Tampa area participating in Free RPG Day). We played outside-95+ degrees. I guess I'll do anything to get my gaming fix...

Mercutio01

First Post
There was a Hollow Earth accessory? Drat, didn't see it or free dice, but got one of everything else. In exchange, I bought a basic D&D starter set to give to a friend's daughter, and a Paranoia supplement.

Pandemonium in Central Square, Cambridge was packed; lots of people (20+) downstairs gaming. That's great to see.
Must have been after I left. I saw a few people playing Magic downstairs, but not much else.

I got a copy of the Hollow Earth accessory, but the dice must have been gone when I got there around 1. I got one copy of most of everything, but left behind things I didn't think I'd use - the Geist book, Rogue Trader, and Paranoia. But now I'm kicking myself for not grabbing the Rogue Trader. Oh well.

I also bought a few old Moorcock novels.

Shroomy

Adventurer
It was my friends daughter's 1st birthday party today, so I didn't get a chance to partake in the Free RPG day (I did get to partake in a lot of beer, brats, ice cream cake, and excellent weather, so it wasn't so bad). I really wanted to get a copy of Keith Baker's 4e Eberron adventure. How was it?

heirodule

First Post
I was disappointed. The store I visited in Pennsylvania allocated what you got to take home via random die roll, so there was only a 2 in 14 chance of me getting the only 2 things I wanted, the Rogue Trader scenario, or the D&D Eberron scenario. I didn’t get either.

Guess I shouldn’t complain when its free, but still.

Sounds great that some people got to get one of everything.

I even went back later in the day hoping that with stacks of ungiven product they might be a bit looser, but I was just given another chance for a roll.

Anyone have a spare Rogue Trader or Eberron mod they want to donate? :)

Glyfair

Explorer
I was disappointed. The store I visited in Pennsylvania allocated what you got to take home via random die roll, so there was only a 2 in 14 chance of me getting the only 2 things I wanted, the Rogue Trader scenario, or the D&D Eberron scenario. I didn’t get either.
One of my stores allowed anyone to take what they wanted. A bunch of people took one of everything, so all the products that were limited to a couple of copies were gone by the time I got there to run my game. In fact, there were only about 5 things to choose from then.

Menexenus

First Post
No local place is doing it this year. Anyone willing to pick me up something? :D

I, like Crothian, live in Columbus, OH. And when I went to my FLGS (i.e. the Guardtower), the guy behind the counter had never even heard of Free RPG Day. I believe his exact words were, "You're the second guy who's asked me about this today. What is it?" Needless to say, I came away empty-handed and more than a little disappointed.

Whoever was in charge of publicizing this event did a very poor job.

FriarRosing

First Post
I, like Crothian, live in Columbus, OH. And when I went to my FLGS (i.e. the Guardtower), the guy behind the counter had never even heard of Free RPG Day. I believe his exact words were, "You're the second guy who's asked me about this today. What is it?" Needless to say, I came away empty-handed and more than a little disappointed.

Whoever was in charge of publicizing this event did a very poor job.

Luckily, living to the west of you (near Dayton) I had a couple choices for places partaking in the event. The one I went to, in Yellow Springs, had a limit of two per person, which wasn't too bad. I got the World of Darkness one and the Warhammer 40K one. I was mainly interested in systems I'd never used.

There was a list on the website of places giving away free stuff, which I think only had three places in Ohio. It was a cool idea, though. I hope they do it again next year.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Maybe the clerk at the store I visited was confused, but I did not get anything. However, there were a lot of people playing games, so I will give the store a chance. It does seem to be a good place to game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads