• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Freedom City PBP

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Bastion's eyes go wide as he notes how quickly these shadow things move and close in upon the band of heroes.

As Entrapper and Power Surge attack he notes Ras running towards the truck. Bastion himself manoueveres to provide Ras cover should the shadow things move to stop him, whilst he generates a kinetic wave and attempts to slam its full force into the shadow stunned after the attack by Surge...

Graf

Explorer
Entrapper freezes as the creature bounds upon him.
*Fortunately his suit automatically phases. Shimmering whorls of blue energy flow out of his body where the creatures claws strike.
*Shimmering whorls of blue energy pulse ineffectually as the suit tries to protect him, to no avail. The Entrapper screams as the creature mauls him.
(pick whichever of the above depending on whether the creature hits or not)

Getting his bearings the Entrapper moves away from the creature (ideally up a nearby wall or fence, if not then away toward Mnemonic and the truck). Glancing back he tosses a targeted Entangle at the creature (i.e. the strongest possible entangle, doesn't affect an area only that creature).

OOC
In my defense my original post was going to be longer. But then I started thinking.... what if they're like fire breathing, or attack with shadow energy, or by phasing through flesh?

DM_Matt

First Post
Invisible Surge thinks "Well good, not true Caspers after all. They built me to make those, not to bust em. Better play it safe until I know if they see me or not though."

If evidence arises before his turn that they can see him, Surge will switch into MP5 mode and loop around them in the air, strafing them and winding up behind them. Flanking doesn't actually give any special advantages in the M&M ruleset, but that doesn't mean that the military didn't teach it anyway.

If they are stunned the whole round bc his previous SAW attack was applied to all of them, he does the same thing as he did the previous round.

If they are active and cannot see him (i.e. they attacked everyone but him and did not seem to acknowledge him), he still switches to the MP5, and flanks, but also does full All-Out Attack and full Power Attack

Insight

Adventurer
Jordan Intl Airport, Feb. 14th, Evening

The shadowy figures glare at the heroes, waiting for something, watching with burning red coal eyes...

*** INIT ***

Bastion [26]
Shadow Creatures [22]
The Entrapper [13]
Mnemonic [11]
Power Surge [9]

*** ACTIONS ***

Bastion's eyes go wide as he notes how quickly these shadow things move and close in upon the band of heroes.

As Entrapper and Power Surge attack he notes Ras running towards the truck. Bastion himself manoueveres to provide Ras cover should the shadow things move to stop him, whilst he generates a kinetic wave and attempts to slam its full force into the shadow stunned after the attack by Surge...
[sblock=Bastion's Actions]Bastion uses a Kinetic Blast on the stunned Shadow Creature -

1. Ranged Attack (Kinetic Blast): 1d20+7=24 - SUCCESS!

Shadow Creature DMG Save: 1d20+11=18 vs. DC 25 - FAILS!

The Shadow Creature (we'll call him #1) is bruised and stunned.[/sblock]

The shadow creature Bastion targeted reels from the kinetic blast, staying still for the moment. All around the heroes and the shadows, everything is covered in darkness. The Entrapper feels tendrils of cold fingers gripping at his very soul... but he seems to evade the attempt, whatever it was.

[sblock=GM's Actions]Shadow #1 recovers from being stunned.

Obscure (vision) in effect 250ft radius around the Shadow Creatures. If your characters can't see, I'll try to edit your actions appropriately.

1. Melee Attack (Drain CON): 1d20+12=24 vs. DEF 30 - MISSES!
[/sblock]

The Entrapper, frozen in place for a moment with the deathly realization of complete helplessness in his blindness, fumbles forward looking for something to grasp, some object to hold onto or jog his memory as to his location. Instinctively, he tosses a pseudo-web at where he thinks one of the shadowy beings might have been.

As he does this, the Entrapper's mind shifts for a moment. Perhaps spurred on by his temporary fear of the unknown... (OOC: see below)

[sblock=The Entrapper's Actions]The Entrapper has no visual senses that penetrate this Obscure effect, so he will target a square with his entangle effect. Concealment applies.

1. Concealment check (high: hits): 1d100=21 - MISSES

The Entrapper's Uncontrolled Precog kicks in.
You see a small, metal room. It is dark, with stalagtite fangs of light jutting through the darkness at regular intervals, partially illuminating the figure of a scared little girl. She is dressed only in a short blue dress, which is torn in small places and smudged with grease and who knows what else. The girl is chained to an electronic device that you can't quite make out in the darkness, but it glows with a dim redness. A tall figure enters the room and barks something incomprehensible. The girl cries. Two men in white robes enter, unlock the girl's chain, and drag her screaming from the room. From somewhere overhead, you hear the faint sound of an airplane's engine.
[/sblock]

OOC: hero4hire didn't post any actions, so I am going to continue what he did last round.

The emergency vehicle comes to a screeching halt about 50ft in front of a running Mnemonic, who now stops, hands still waving at the driver.

"What's up, bub?" the driver, Mack, asks, sticking his head out the window.

"There's trouble... at the generator," Mnemonic replies. "Hurry!"

The truck grumbles loudly as Mack sizes up the hero. "Are you sure? I don't see anything."
[sblock=Mnemonic's Actions]Bluff check on Mack.

1a. Bluff check (Mnemonic): 1d20+5=8
1b. Sense Motive check (Mack): 1d20=13

Mack doesn't quite believe Mnemonic. :( [/sblock]

Invisible, Surge thinks "Well good, not true Caspers after all. They built me to make those, not to bust em. Better play it safe until I know if they see me or not though."

He converts his SAW to a smaller submachinegun-like weapon, firing it at an already-wounded shadow creature, felling the foe with a well-placed shot.
[sblock=Power Surge's Actions]Power Surge can still see due to his Radar, and it's accurate, so Power Surge can target the shadow creatures.

1. Concentration check to activate MP5: 1d20+17=32 - SUCCESS!

2. Ranged Attack (-5 Defense, +0 Attack, +5 TSDC): 1d20+10=30 - HIT and CRIT!!!

I assume you're attacking the stunned and injured one -

Shadow Creature DMG Save: 1d20+10=19 vs DC 40 - FAILS!

Shadow Creature #1 is out of the combat![/sblock]

*** END OF ROUND TWO ***

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC: <<sigh>> I was waiting for the vehicle to stop or not stop to post my actions. Hence no actions *to* post since they were reactionary. I was going to commandeer the vehicle. One way or the other. I definitely didnt plan on spending an HP to tell the guy to go "That way". Basically I was banking on the high wattage floodlights exposing some vulnerability of the shadow creatures.

Insight

Adventurer
hero4hire said:
OOC: <<sigh>> I was waiting for the vehicle to stop or not stop to post my actions. Hence no actions *to* post since they were reactionary. I was going to commandeer the vehicle. One way or the other. I definitely didnt plan on spending an HP to tell the guy to go "That way". Basically I was banking on the high wattage floodlights exposing some vulnerability of the shadow creatures.

OOC: Well, that's why you need to post what your intentions are. Your prior post just said something about them coming, which they did. I had to make an assumption, because I had no idea why you had summoned them. In any event, they've stopped, so you have an opportunity to do whatever it was you had originally intended to do.

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC: I appreciate that, I dont think my plan is going to work now, but Mnemonic doesnt know that. I know it hads been hard to get things moving. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I will only slightly tweak the dialogue.

"What's up, bub?" the driver, Mack, asks, sticking his head out the window.

"There's trouble... at the generator," Mnemonic replies. "Hurry I need your vehicle.!"

The truck grumbles loudly as Mack sizes up the hero. "Are you sure? I don't see anything."

"Yes I am sure." Mnemonic sighs. "I am sorry I have to do this." he says sincerely as he attempts to pull the man from the cab and take the wheel.

OOC2: Move and Grapple? to do this on next action.

DM_Matt

First Post
OOC: The MP5 is my other Shapable Targeted Area Weapon. I did not specify which target because I can atta kthem all. Looking back, I notice that I had listed it with full power and homing, and you can ditch those, but I hope that this will not be the seocnd round in a row that you've had me change a power (which I am not complaining about, that is your right) and then had the power do neither what it initially said on the sheet nor what it is being changed to.

If his previous attack does not get to hit all of them or does not take them out...

Surge says to himself "These guys aren't so tough....NEXT!" and continues to move and mow with the MP5, just like the previous round.

Remove ads