• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Freedom City PBP

DM_Matt

First Post
Insight said:
I think the feat you want is Power Attack. All-Out Attack only boosts your attack roll, not the Save DC of your powers.

In terms of affecting incorporeal, Mind Control would work just fine, as long as it's at least ranged.

Indeed, you're right. In this case, replace Full All-Out Attack with Full All-Out Attack AND Full Power Attack, thus converting AC to DC (Like a laptop cord)

Graf

Explorer
ooc
[sblock]Sorry about slow/weak post rate.[/sblock]

The Entrapper winces as the blasts from Power Surge's automatic weaponry echo across the area. We're going to have a lot of explaining to do.

If it looks like the shadow things are at least semi-corporeal he'll lob an area entangle at them. If not he'll throw an entangle at the "yellow guy" or (if yellow guy is out of sight) try to safely advance into sight of him and throw.

hero4hire

Explorer
Shadowy insubstantial opponents. This may not go well....The energy discharge from my gun probably will be inneffective. Think Mnemonic...THINK!

OOC: I may have an idea. How far is where they would keep the emergency vehicles?
If it is an incredible distance I will have to go with a different line of thinking.

DM_Matt

First Post
Insight said:
I think the feat you want is Power Attack. All-Out Attack only boosts your attack roll, not the Save DC of your powers.

In terms of affecting incorporeal, Mind Control would work just fine, as long as it's at least ranged.

Ok, in that case, if some other interaction indicates that they are not entirely incorporeal, I will use the SAW plan, with Full All-Out Attack but no Power Attack (I have Autofire 3 on my SAW, remember...I'm not going to get greedy...I can only get more damage out of Power Attack if I hit by more than 10, and at that point its already +20 damage...although for all I know they are sitting ducks thanks to invis)

If there is evidence that they are truly incorporeal, I will go invisible, try to Mind Control one of them, order it to attack the others, then take a five foot step to change positions. Unless I have reason to believe they can see through my invis, I am going to AC/DC my Mind Control for 5.

(Oh, and the weapons fire doesn't necessarily echo throughout the battlefield. The gun-like FX on my blasts are technically produced by the light and sound implants, so they don't occur when I have visual and audio concealment on. The bullet-like energy packets may or may not make their own noise. Surely they do when they impact whatever they hit, though, whether that be baddies or scenery.)

Also, regardless of what else I do in this situation, fly is my movement mode, even if I am only a few inches above the ground. Surge knows that some enemies has ground-based vibration sense, and he'd rather not take unnecessary chances.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Oh great Bastion groans as the figures appear on the tarmac. Already tense he can feel his body tingling from the combination of adrenaline and his inate feilds come into focus

He instinctively throws an arm forward as he attempts to make a grab the man in yellow hoping that his ability to move objects will be effective at that range.

If not he changes focus to the shadows and attempts to shove a vehicle or some other object into them...

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: At the start of combat, the guy in yellow is out of view. He only appeared briefly.

Here's the range situation as well in case this helps. The generator structure is approximately 600ft away, with the electrified fence about 100ft away. The shadowy creatures appeared at the generator structure and flew 200ft towards you, so they are currently 400ft from where you stand. They are flying pretty fast. You estimate they will be at your location at the end of next round.

In order to target the guy in yellow, you'd need to be able to see him, which you cannot do from where you are right now.

Insight

Adventurer
hero4hire said:
Shadowy insubstantial opponents. This may not go well....The energy discharge from my gun probably will be inneffective. Think Mnemonic...THINK!

OOC: I may have an idea. How far is where they would keep the emergency vehicles?
If it is an incredible distance I will have to go with a different line of thinking.

You can spend a Hero Point to have one drive past the scene!

DM_Matt

First Post
Insight said:
OOC: At the start of combat, the guy in yellow is out of view. He only appeared briefly.

Here's the range situation as well in case this helps. The generator structure is approximately 600ft away, with the electrified fence about 100ft away. The shadowy creatures appeared at the generator structure and flew 200ft towards you, so they are currently 400ft from where you stand. They are flying pretty fast. You estimate they will be at your location at the end of next round.

In order to target the guy in yellow, you'd need to be able to see him, which you cannot do from where you are right now.

End of next round meaning that we have two rounds of action before they arrive, then a regular round in initiative order?

Insight

Adventurer
DM_Matt said:
End of next round meaning that we have two rounds of action before they arrive, then a regular round in initiative order?

You can take one round of actions, during which you can assume the shadow creatures will continue to move towards you. At their current rate of speed, they should arrive at the end of the upcoming round. So you have a full round of actions before they arrive - assuming they don't have ranged attacks or do something unexpected.

DM_Matt

First Post
Insight said:
You can take one round of actions, during which you can assume the shadow creatures will continue to move towards you. At their current rate of speed, they should arrive at the end of the upcoming round. So you have a full round of actions before they arrive - assuming they don't have ranged attacks or do something unexpected.

So one round of actions, but trade-off feats used in that rouns are still active for those who go after them in the init order, right?

What did Surge see regarding counter-measures and the area of the base where the yellow man is? Even without his cyberbrain array active, he can see at 10x rage and through solid objects. How much backup does there seem to be around him? Could Surge teleport there if he were feeling a little insane?

Remove ads