• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Freedom City PBP

Insight

Adventurer
DM_Matt said:
Surge repeats this information to the others, then suggests "I say we head in that direction and find a way in."

Meanwhile, Surge looks up whether there are other ways into the generator, what it may be connected to, etc.

Power Surge would obviously have no problem getting inside - the generator is assumed to be attached to the airport's electrical grid. I think the Entrapper could also get inside reasonably well (and using stealth). Not sure about the other two. They might need to sneak inside in a more conventional manner.

hero4hire

Explorer
Insight said:
Power Surge would obviously have no problem getting inside - the generator is assumed to be attached to the airport's electrical grid. I think the Entrapper could also get inside reasonably well (and using stealth). Not sure about the other two. They might need to sneak inside in a more conventional manner.

OOC: Is the problem is its in plain sight? So we need to roll stealth rolls. Or do we need to talk our way or sneak our way past someone?

OOC: Mnemonic will use a HP for Beginneer's Luck to get ranks of Stealth.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
OOC: When asking about ways in and connections, I was not only concerned with ym getting in, but with anticipating what options the enemy would have to get out. How many entrances or other connections to other areas can we detect?

"Too bad we don't have comm links. That may rule out splitting up. We should figure out where the entrances and exits are, and figure out a way to corner them but leave our own exit options open...or at least, the exit options for those who cannot teleport or walk through walls. So Entrapper, I don't know exactly what you do, but with a name like that, is there anything you might be able to do about limiting their effective exit options?"

Also: [sblock]If your problem with radar seeing through the ground is the description of it as working as radar, can it just be a super-science based scan with the radio descriptor that does what its component powers do? [/sblock]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"So is flying restricted this near to the airport? that means me and Ras will have to walk, oh well I can at least hop over this fence before moving towards our destination.

Um if you two can get in unseen and confirm the presence of the kids then couldn't Ras and I just bust in with the airport security and hopefully get the kids out before they blow the place up?- just a thought

Graf

Explorer
Entrapper nods. Yeah, that's my gig. I can work to plug up the entry-way behind us. But if the base is as big as last time it might be tricky to find all the entryways.

And, if they blow it up it might be tricky to get back out again.

ooc
[sblock]
Entrapper tries to get some idea of how he/the group could approach the generator without being noticed.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
hero4hire said:
OOC: Is the problem is its in plain sight? So we need to roll stealth rolls. Or do we need to talk our way or sneak our way past someone?

There is a large open field between the auxiliiary power generator and the main terminal, the control tower, and the main structures of the airport. Theoretically, security (both foot patrols and vehicular patrols, and/or hidden cameras) could spot anyone trying to approach the generator structure. There is sufficient incidental cover that you could make Stealth checks to get from where you are to the generator, if that's what you wish to do.

Insight

Adventurer
DM_Matt said:
OOC: When asking about ways in and connections, I was not only concerned with ym getting in, but with anticipating what options the enemy would have to get out. How many entrances or other connections to other areas can we detect?

You can see one entrance/exit above-ground, the one you have already found. According to the blueprints you acquired, there should be no other ways in or out of the generator maintenance structure. Said blueprint is old, and changes could have been made since then.

Also: [sblock]If your problem with radar seeing through the ground is the description of it as working as radar, can it just be a super-science based scan with the radio descriptor that does what its component powers do? [/sblock]

[sblock=DM_Matt]That's fine. It could be an 'energy signature scan' or something along those lines.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Tonguez said:
"So is flying restricted this near to the airport? that means me and Ras will have to walk, oh well I can at least hop over this fence before moving towards our destination.

Um if you two can get in unseen and confirm the presence of the kids then couldn't Ras and I just bust in with the airport security and hopefully get the kids out before they blow the place up?- just a thought

Flying around the airport is very much restricted. That said, if you can fly around undetected, who's to know you did it? ;)

Insight

Adventurer
Graf said:
Entrapper nods. Yeah, that's my gig. I can work to plug up the entry-way behind us. But if the base is as big as last time it might be tricky to find all the entryways.

And, if they blow it up it might be tricky to get back out again.

ooc
[sblock]
Entrapper tries to get some idea of how he/the group could approach the generator without being noticed.[/sblock]

[sblock=Graf]Going incorporeal might be enough to elude detection. I'm pretty sure conventional means (cameras, motion sensors, radar, etc) would not detect you, or would see a 'ghost' that security personnel might be likely to discount. That doesn't mean you are 100% certain of going unseen, but it's likely. Also, Stealth checks to get close to the maintenance structure would help.[/sblock]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"You know light is a form of kinetic energy" Bastion muses as he imagines new ways to test his abilities
"I have no idea whether the feilds I generate would be fine enough to deflect photons but if it could I might be able to become effectively invisible or at least become something of a blur to anyone looking. At a distance they might dismiss the blur as a 'trick of the light'" he grins at his own play on words but feels ready to move
" I can cover you too Ras but we will still need stealth to get through, especially since I don't even know if I can do it. Are you willing to try?"

(ooc so Insight can I spend a hero point on that?)

Last edited:

Remove ads