• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Freedom City PBP

Insight

Adventurer
DM_Matt said:
[sblock] "Well, I guess that means I should scratch "TOW Missile To The Front Door" off my list of entry plans. Seriously, though, if the CIA is acting outside their jurisdiction, might it be better to go through channels on this? Or is there something else in there I'm needed for? I see those heroes coming now. Perhaps I will figure out a reliable entry method and come back later, but for now all I have time to do is keep them away and continue working on the Diaz case." [/sblock]

[sblock=Power Surge]Franks laughs at the TOW Missile suggestion. "Well, I don't think that hangar is what you're looking for vis-a-vis the Yellow Sign business. It could be, but I doubt it. If those Yellow Sign folks got hold of super-scale technology..."

His voice trails off for a moment. "Still, when you get a chance, if you get a chance, check it out, would you? You're probably one of the few operatives we have that might be able to get though that hangar's defenses. AEGIS would like to know what's inside."[/sblock]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"well if your here I assume we're on the right track." Bastion replies to the new guy (Surge) trying to recall what he can about Aegis "I assume you have a bit of training in this kind of thing too so what do you suggest we do as a next step? Um I can control kinetic feilds, force feilds mainly, Mnemonics hyper-competent and Entrappers got a few tricks up his insubstantial sleeves.

We found two other bases too ...
with that he trails off waiting for further instruction on how to proceed

DM_Matt

First Post
Tonguez said:
"well if your here I assume we're on the right track." Bastion replies to the new guy (Surge) trying to recall what he can about Aegis "I assume you have a bit of training in this kind of thing too so what do you suggest we do as a next step? Um I can control kinetic feilds, force feilds mainly, Mnemonics hyper-competent and Entrappers got a few tricks up his insubstantial sleeves.

We found two other bases too ...
with that he trails off waiting for further instruction on how to proceed

"Interesting. A useful set of abilities, overall. I generate and control electricity, which I am equipped to use for a wide variety of purposes. You might say that I was made for this job. Regarding where to go next, when you got here I had just exhausted my last lead. All I still know is that they have a base in or near the airport, and just about everywhere in the airport checks out. Right now our best bet is to try to find the vans. Perhaps they are parked together or there are camera's we can access.

(Surge tries to access camera footage from around the airport, trying to find and track the vans)

"I don't suppose you have license plate numbers on any of them do ya?"

(If they do, i look them up)

Graf

Explorer
Entrapper tugs his hat when introduced to Power Surge.

DM_Matt said:
(If they do, i look them up)
Entrapper supplies license plate numbers if he has them.

Your explanation cleared up a lot Power Surge. Or at least a little bit. I still have no idea how they have such high tech....
The Entrapper trails off for a minute.

You're an electricity manipulator right? And they have a massive underground base here filled with fancy electronics. The airport is probably mostly above ground. Can you feel around for some sort of energy.... uh... field underground? Deep, probably like several stories deep.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Graf said:
Entrapper tugs his hat when introduced to Power Surge.

Entrapper supplies license plate numbers if he has them.

Your explanation cleared up a lot Power Surge. Or at least a little bit. I still have no idea how they have such high tech....
The Entrapper trails off for a minute.

You're an electricity manipulator right? And they have a massive underground base here filled with fancy electronics. The airport is probably mostly above ground. Can you feel around for some sort of energy.... uh... field underground? Deep, probably like several stories deep.

"Sort of. I have radar imaging capabilities, and can analyze all sorts of things with it, but it it still can take a little time to search so huge an area."

(Can Analytical Radio Sense detect large EM emissions? I presume it can, no? I search for those things if i can, and additionally scan underground for them as well as other things. With the cyberbrain array active, my radar is boosted from sight*10 range to sight*100, and as always is unhindered by solid objects like the ground.)

Insight

Adventurer
DM_Matt said:
(Can Analytical Radio Sense detect large EM emissions? I presume it can, no? I search for those things if i can, and additionally scan underground for them as well as other things. With the cyberbrain array active, my radar is boosted from sight*10 range to sight*100, and as always is unhindered by solid objects like the ground.)

Radio Sense could, in a way, detect EM emissions, because such emissions would "crackle" on the radio frequency band. Because you have Analytical on your Radio Sense, you'd be able to tell more about such emissions than someone who merely had the ability to monitor the radio frequency band.

As far as I know, radar only works above ground. See this Wikipedia entry for more info. In fact, if you try to use radar too close to the ground, you get lots of "ghost images" because the ground reflects radar signals (they cannot penetrate the solid ground). That's why you typically see radar elevated atop buildings, on towers, etc.

I think if you want to be able to use a sense that works below ground, you'd need X-Ray Vision or the like.

Insight

Adventurer
DM_Matt said:
(Surge tries to access camera footage from around the airport, trying to find and track the vans)

Accessing the airport camera system, Power Surge finds a great number of unmarked white vans parked in various places around the airport. More than two dozen, some parked near other unmarked white vans, some by themselves. Narrowing the field to those without visible license plates, Power Surge finds two, parked next to each other, and both close to an auxilliary power generator. This generator, measuring some 40ft in diameter and 12ft in height, is partially below-ground (it sticks up about 6ft above-ground). Next to these vans is a stairwell used to access the below-ground maintenance station that serves the generator.

DM_Matt

First Post
Insight said:
Radio Sense could, in a way, detect EM emissions, because such emissions would "crackle" on the radio frequency band. Because you have Analytical on your Radio Sense, you'd be able to tell more about such emissions than someone who merely had the ability to monitor the radio frequency band.

As far as I know, radar only works above ground. See this Wikipedia entry for more info. In fact, if you try to use radar too close to the ground, you get lots of "ghost images" because the ground reflects radar signals (they cannot penetrate the solid ground). That's why you typically see radar elevated atop buildings, on towers, etc.

I think if you want to be able to use a sense that works below ground, you'd need X-Ray Vision or the like.

[sblock]
Well, I DID by the X-ray Vision power, applied to my radar. Even without resorting to super-science (and said sense is super-science anyway), there is this[/sblock]

DM_Matt

First Post
Insight said:
Accessing the airport camera system, Power Surge finds a great number of unmarked white vans parked in various places around the airport. More than two dozen, some parked near other unmarked white vans, some by themselves. Narrowing the field to those without visible license plates, Power Surge finds two, parked next to each other, and both close to an auxilliary power generator. This generator, measuring some 40ft in diameter and 12ft in height, is partially below-ground (it sticks up about 6ft above-ground). Next to these vans is a stairwell used to access the below-ground maintenance station that serves the generator.

Surge repeats this information to the others, then suggests "I say we head in that direction and find a way in."

Meanwhile, Surge looks up whether there are other ways into the generator, what it may be connected to, etc.

Remove ads