• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Freelancer: The High Seas IC

Wilphe

Adventurer
Thalia finds herself left to do her own thing, Farear was, well doing what sea elves do best and she did not so good. The further talk of flying amongst the others was beginning to perturb her. After checking out below she moves herself around the deck mostly watching Farear.
"We having fun today?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Just a little," shouts Farear playfully in return, lying on his back on the surface and swimming swiftly along to keep up with the boat. "There seems to be an overlarge squid following us, which interested me awhile, but it doesn't seem to want to play."

Corlon

First Post
Nothing really happens for the first couple days, if you want to get in any quotes you feel you need to post then do so.

But at night on the 5th day, someone yells "Jean, it looks like we're being tailed by a raider,"

If you go to look you'll see a shambly put together boat with some oars not put out, and no sail, but it's gaining on you very quickly. On the mercenary ship you hear shouts and then the deck is swarming with men.

"Sea devils? I haven't seen one of their ships in a long time, but where's the rest of the fleet," Jean mumbles under her breath.
"All hands on deck, Group vote," she yells, "if they get our sails we'll be dead in the water, and we may be able to outrun them if we put up the other sail , but then that'd leave the mercenary ship to deal with them. I know that's what they were highered for, but we reallly didn't expect the sea devils, so shall we stay, or let Jack's crew deal with it?"

Capellan

Explorer
"Ye should stay and fight. Two ships ha'e a much better chance a'gin these devils than one. And if ye run, and there be another one o' these ships aboot, ye'll have tae face it alone ... that may be wut they're countin' on."

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Tycho humbly steps forward ti address the group, unsusre of his authority on such military matters.

'I err... think it would be best for us to stop and deal with the 'devils. Not to imply we should claim to be heroes, but if we don't stop them now then they may gain upon us later, or perhaps attack less capable vessels.[/i]

[OOC: If battle seems immanent, Tycho casts Mage Armour on himself before battle is joined, to provide protection during the combat.]

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Farear is currently lounging on his back near the mainmast, chewing idily on a piece of Kelp he retrieved from the sea bed. "I think we should stay. It's been a while since I've had a fight, and it looks like we can take 'em." He sits up and grins broadly. "If you want, I could dive and do something truly rude to their hull. You keep running, and when they start looking low in the water, well, heave to and wait up for me."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads