• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Freelancer: The High Seas IC

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"I thought you'd never ask," says Farear smugly, and takes a running leap off of the edge of the boat. After diving gracefully in to the water, he turns just in time to see Taloquar change in to a shark. Heh. he thinks to himself, starting out for the tow lines. It's always nice to even the odds a bit. Farear will scan the seas for enemies, his trident at the ready.

ooc: I don't know if this is a breach of etiquette or something, but Gwolf, your WWII game is ready to go, and just waiting for you. :)

Last edited:

Corlon

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
ooc: I don't know if this is a breach of etiquette or something, but Gwolf, your WWII game is ready to go, and just waiting for you. :)

I guess some would consider it so, but as long as it's a short message and not very often, I don't really care.

GWolf

First Post
Thanks

Ron keeps the Gun braced, and is ready ot fire at any enemy pirate he can see, if he sees one within about 500ft he shoots.

(Thanks for reminding me about the WWII game, I will start it tomorrow or the next day, if you could be so kind to inform the others I would be most happy, I am a tad bit busy at the moment.)

Jalon Odessa

First Post
After reaching the crows nest (and wiping his sweating brow after an unusual display of exertion), Tycho utters a phrase of forgotten power in some arcane language and is soon surrounded by a shimmering field of energy. The gnome then draws and loads his crossbow, in anticipation of the coming battle.

[OOC: Casting mage armour, as stated in my previous post.]

Wilphe

Adventurer
Thalia will snatch up as many arrows as she can carry and head up to the fighting top/crow's nest ASAP. Once there she will take a good look over the incoming ship - numbers, weaponary.

(OOC: And regret skimping on "Spot").

IC: She opens up as soon as they come within 100 yards, trying for the ballista crews and quarterdeck, more to pin them and harass than anything else. When they get within 100 feet she picks her targets with more care, looking for any enemy archers.

Corlon

First Post
Initiative:
Farear-34
Thalia-23
Ron-17
Taloquar-11
Sahuigan-7
Tycho-4
Essan'ner-4

(Two more rounds until ballistas are loaded)
As Farear swims towards the towing cables, he realizes that his trident can't really...cut through them, so he decides to stab a shark (I hope this is all right with you). He misses the shark horribly.
Thalia fires at one of the ballista using devils, but she misses, and her arrow clatters on the deck.
With a *BLAM* Ron's strange weapon blasts off with a cloud of smoke, and just barely misses one of the sahuigan mounting the ballistas.
Taloquar swims up to the ropes (but doesn't have time to attack this round)
Changlos swims up to one of the towing cables and bites at it...missing
Tycho casts his spell and holds his crossbow loaded and ready.
Essan waits with his rapier, ready to stab some sahuigan.

I probably won't get to post much this weekend, especially not friday and most of saturday due to a future problem solving state championships thing and stuff.

But you guys can post your actions for next round.

GWolf

First Post
"Damn Salty Bastards" Ron curses.

He spins around, continuing to kneel down, he opens his cartridge box, and whips out a musket cartridage. He Rips off the top with his teeth, and spits the little wad of paper onto the deck. He then pours the powder down into the tube (making sure the musket ball does not fall out), once that is finished he drops the the ball into the barrel, and pulls out the ramrod, and packs the ball and powder down. Ron will then replace the rod, pull the flintlock back, and get back into the poistion of aming and braces his gun behind the cover of barrels.

(I assume this will take 2 rounds, 1 1/2 to load the musket (in real life a good soldier could do it in a bout 15-20, and Ron also has rapid reload, and another half round to get back into poistion+brace and aim)

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Tycho keeps his crssbow at the ready, waiting for the opportunity to fire on any approaching sauigan.

[OOC: Is it possible for us to get a map or some description of where the Sahuigan are in relation to ourselves and each other. It'll make choosing targets for spells/missile fire much easier.]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads