• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Freeport- Part 1: the Problem with Crematoriums

JimAde

First Post
"Clearly something doesn't care for books," Torren observes in the scriptorium. "The library downstairs got the same treatment."

[OOC: Just how big is the tower?]

Ferrix

Explorer
Kitsch - Filcher rogue 5

Kitsch moves along with the rest of the group up towards the tower, carrying his crossbow with an idle menace in his hands. Fish men, eh?

OOC: would kitsch know any rumors, etc. that might be of help as he served for quite some time as a sailor? Int +2

rangerjohn

Explorer
Black Jack Elf Rogue/Fighter

"I don't think the books were singled out, it appears the creatures simply revel in destruction. Either that or they were looking for something, and if there coming back that means they didn't find it."

OOC: Black Jack will also seek out an ambush location. Hide +5, Move Silently +5, untrained.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Huh. That's wierd. Still bleeding..." Fentrith says absently, as he reaches out, examining the bloody arm. I wonder what's going on here? Why is it still bleeding?

Karl Green

First Post
Hammerhead said:
"Huh. That's wierd. Still bleeding..." Fentrith says absently, as he reaches out, examining the bloody arm. I wonder what's going on here? Why is it still bleeding?

Fentrith spoiler
as no one in the group has healing :) I made it a WIS check. It is not so much that there was blood dripping off of it AS the fact that whomever the rest of the arm was attached to, had it "removed" from them within the last hour... i.e. this arm has only been here for no more then an hour. sorry for the confusion

Kangaxx

First Post
Zoraster Surefoot, Halfling Swashbuckler

Hammerhead said:

"It's still bleeding? Then where is the rest of body?" *Zoraster will also go to examine the arm.*

Karl Green

First Post
Kangaxx said:
"It's still bleeding? Then where is the rest of body?" *Zoraster will also go to examine the arm.*

Wisdom check (Healing default) roll 5 -1 =4
While the blood is still fresh, Zoraster is not really sure why. It not really "bleeding" per say, just some blood was dripping down onto the first floor. There was a lot of blood in the room next to where the arm rests.

Torren also is thinking about what might be in the cave...
rolling 18 +5 Know (local) =23
...and is pretty sure that the cave leads into the crematorium and into the underground caves that make up the tombs, etc. There is also suppose to be a small shire of Wee Jas located in there.

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
Torren shakes his head. "No the caves are no good. For all I know it's a real rabbit warren in there and we could get surrounded just as easily as here. Tell you what, you lads look like you've found something interesting. I'll go scout out the tower." He takes his leave of the others and makes his way toward the tower.

[OOC: I am keeping my eyes open for any rope. A 20' length will do fine, but I forgot to bring one.]

DarkMaster

First Post
JimAde said:
Torren shakes his head. "No the caves are no good. For all I know it's a real rabbit warren in there and we could get surrounded just as easily as here. Tell you what, you lads look like you've found something interesting. I'll go scout out the tower." He takes his leave of the others and makes his way toward the tower.

[OOC: I am keeping my eyes open for any rope. A 20' length will do fine, but I forgot to bring one.]
As the other investigate the surronding area Villard will stay on top of the tower making the vigil in case those fish creatures come back
[OOC: spot and listen 10]

Karl Green

First Post
[OCC – I will slowly start to move time forward… I want to make sure that you have made any preparations that you want to make first. You can assume that you have done some stuff, as…]

The party searches around on the second floor, not really finding anything extra useful (no rope up here, maybe some string that is still intact). Most start settling down, hiding in different place (Please let me know where you are going to hide Black Jack, etc. Just tell me where on the map that you want to be…)

An hour or so goes by, and night deepens. Up in the bell tower, the temperature is dropping as the wind and rain pick up. There is no real cover up in the tower as, just the four support beams to hind behind and the roof where the bell is attached (anyone staying out here for another hour will have to start making Fortitude checks not to get Fatigued (mostly numb hands, etc. Endurance will add +4 to this save. The first hour the DC is going to be 14, adding +2 to the DC each hour after that).

Villard stays up in the tower, looking for anything out of the ordinary out in the storm…
Spot roll 20! +10 =30
…but there are no signs of anything on either beach for at least the first hour.

Black Jack hides (let me know where), and with lots of extra time, picks a very good location…
Sense failing the skill roll will not result in some kind of immediate problems, Black Jack spends 10 or so minutes and takes 20 on both rolls. Hide 25, Move Silent 25

Kitsch heads up to the tower, thinking about what the creatures might be…
Int roll 17 +4 =21
…and knows a sailor’s tale about something called the ‘sea devils’. They are said to hate the sunlight and all land-dwellers. They are said to have the head of a fish and a somewhat humanoid body. Some tales tell that they can ‘bread’ with humans, through the use of dark magic, to produce a ‘hybrid’ like abomination, that can survive on land for years before they are ‘called to the sea’. The sea-devils themselves can only survive on land for a couple of hours at most. It is said that these hybrids can be powerful sorcerers and priest-kings within the sea-devil communities.

[OCC - unless you wish to do something else, we can assume that you have been on the island for about an hour now. It is around 9:30pm at night, sunrise will be around 6:00am. Also I am not sure but I think some people are still damaged… I don’t remember anyone saying anything about healing magic, so if not, my notes show the following…

Fentrith has taken 7 points of damage and now has 30 left.
Zoraster has taken 15 points of damage and has 27 left.
Torren has taken 9 points of damage and has 19 points left.

Correct?]

Remove ads