Freeport- Part 1: the Problem with Crematoriums

Ferrix

Explorer
Karl Green said:
...and knows a sailor's tale about something called the "sea devils". They are said to hate the sunlight and all land-dwellers. They are said to have the head of a fish and a somewhat humanoid body. Some tales tell that they can "breed" with humans, through the use of dark magic, to produce a "hybrid" like abomination, that can survive on land for years before they are "called to the sea". The sea-devils themselves can only survive on land for a couple of hours at most. It is said that these hybrids can be powerful sorcerers and priest-kings within the sea-devil communities.

Kitsch will relay this information to Torren as best he can and additionally inquire if they should set up some barricades in the hallway to provide cover/concealment (which he would love) with items from the two master bedrooms and the scriptorium. He'll then hunker down in a comfortably warm hiding position*, taking his time to set it up, so he can make a good shot or two down the length of the hall. He'll also click another two bolts into the current clip in his repeating crossbow to put it up to full.

OOC: perhaps we should take shifts up on top, so no one gets exposed for more than an hour at a time? *Hide +16, Move Silently +12

Last edited:

Kangaxx

First Post
Zoraster Surefoot, Halfling Swashbuckler

[OOC: The hps look right to me.]

During that hour, Zoraster would have looked around in the room next to that arm, and tried to determine what happened to the person in it, or where they went. He also would approach Fentrith.. "Do you think you can do anything for my shoulder? I'm not sure the arm will stay attached through another fight."

If the rest of the time passes uneventfully, he'll take a seat on the bottom stair of the belltower, and wait for trouble to come knocking.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Fentrith will set up a zipline, using his length of rope and several climbing pitons to secure it to the top of the tower, and to the ground below. He also blesses himself, Zoraster, and Torren each with Cure Light Wounds.

DarkMaster

First Post
Ferrix said:
Kitsch will relay this information to Torren as best he can and additionally inquire if they should set up some barricades in the hallway to provide cover/concealment (which he would love) with items from the two master bedrooms and the scriptorium. He'll then hunker down in a comfortably warm hiding position*, taking his time to set it up, so he can make a good shot or two down the length of the hall. He'll also click another two bolts into the current clip in his repeating crossbow to put it up to full.

OOC: perhaps we should take shifts up on top, so no one gets exposed for more than an hour at a time? *Hide +16, Move Silently +12
Villard is willing to make a shift with Kitsch, he can benefit from the cover too,
Villard take one last look to make sure nobody is closing on the place and quickly go join Kitsch.
~I will make shift with you, is that Ok with you~

Karl Green

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Fentrith will set up a zipline, using his length of rope and several climbing pitons to secure it to the top of the tower, and to the ground below. He also blesses himself, Zoraster, and Torren each with Cure Light Wounds.

Fentrith casts Cure Light Wounds on himself; rolling 4 +5 =9, fully healed. On Zoraster 7 +5 =12. Zoraster is down 3 points, his total is 39. And on Torren 4 +5 =9, fully healed
[OCC -question Hammerhead, are these from your Cure Light Wound Wand or are they first level spells of yours? If your own reserve which ones do you use? If from the Wand you used 3 charges]

Zoraster searches the room next to the bloody arm...
Search roll 2 +3 =5
...but does not find anything useful. There is a lot of blood inside the room, and he figures that the owner of the arm got 'eaten' in here as there are some bloody cloths and bits of bone. Whatever eat him did not leave much left.

Fentrith strings up some ziplines, it takes him about 30 minutes total to secure them really well.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
OOC: If we are setting up a barricade, Black Jack's Hiding spot would be near there. Behind it being prefrable of course. If Torren makes known his desire for rope, Black Jack has a 50' length of silk rope.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
[OCC - with the broken beds and tables and chairs found on the second floor you could easily construct some good barricades. Where would you want them? One at the top of the stairs? In the hallway to the bell tower? I just want to get an idea. Also who takes turns up in the bell tower? One hour shifts? I want to get an idea... THEN I will move the story allong... I just don't want to "assume" ;)]

DarkMaster

First Post
Karl Green said:
[OCC - with the broken beds and tables and chairs found on the second floor you could easily construct some good barricades. Where would you want them? One at the top of the stairs? In the hallway to the bell tower? I just want to get an idea. Also who takes turns up in the bell tower? One hour shifts? I want to get an idea... THEN I will move the story allong... I just don't want to "assume" ;)]
Assuming Kitsch will replace me at the top of the tower, Villard frozen by his stay on top of the tower goes inside to warm up a little. By doing so he will go down investigate the dining area to see where those two doors lead.

Hammerhead

Explorer
From my spells. I figure that in a low magic game, it's going to be a lot of trouble replacing that thing.

With the others securing their positions or keeping watch, Fentrith removes a book, an inkwell, and a pen from his pack before settling against a wall, laying his sword and shield by his side. He then starts writing.

Karl Green

First Post
[OCC -also from the Talking the Talk page...it would take about an hour or so to make some pretty good 'barriers'. If you build them at the bottom and the top of the stairs that would slow anyone trying to climb over them down. Kitsch and Villard are taking turns, one hour each, to watch out up in the tower… with that the night paces and then…]

The hours past by, one, two, midnight comes and goes... and then another hour. It is Villard's third turn up in the tower, and the rain and wind have died down quit a lot, although no completely. Villard is getting ready to head down to get Kitsch, when…
Spot roll 13 +10 =23
…he sees some movement or something on the South side of the island. To the south some of the clouds have cleared, providing just barely enough light to seen. After a moment he can make out figures moving around down on the beach and move up toward the building with some stealth. Getting a bit of a better look, he can see that they are mostly humanoid, with large fish-like heads, vaguely the size of a full grown human male. They have prodigious bulging eyes that never seem to blink, and have sickly greenish glowing to them. There are spines or spikes running along their back and necks. Some of them are carrying spears of somekind, while others are unarmed. He can make out five or six that are larger then the others, that he thinks each have four arms. At present, Villard think that there might be 40 or more creatures climbing out of the water and coming up to the beach. There might be more coming…

Last edited:

Remove ads