• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FULL- Dark Comedy Game-Quest For The Lady

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Monty Python's HG meets Labyrinth meets Jabberwocky meets Princess Bride meetsDon Quixote meets Discworld meets...
Hopefully you get the picture at this point.

We have a Paladin 9
We have a Wizard 4/Paladin 5
A Cleric or grumbly Squire would be great.
A smart-assed Minstrel would be even better.
No Druids or Monks.
Try to keep the Meta Cross/Class to a reasonable level, say no more than 2 Core Classes (Prestige is OK).

Dark Fantasy Setting 'The Kingdom'.
Clerics worship 'God' <giving God a name is a good way to get a Lightning Bolt up your arse...I mean, really, someone would start feeling really Chummy and give him a nickname, and then all Hell would break Loose (Literally), and that can't be good>.
The Knights are in need of a Quest, a Noble Quest, something worthy of the Bard's Tales <or whatever 10 GP will buy, because you KNOW they didn't save any starting cash, what with the Market for Holy Avengers going the way it has, it's getting so a Knight can't even get a decent Blade of God for less than a Dragon's Fortune...speaking of which.

Yes, there is a Dragon. A Big, Nasty,Hungry and Ferocious Dragon. He means business as well...<well, not literally, I mean, Dragons going about setting up Laundrettes would just be a bit daft, don't you think?>. No, business, in the 'Kill the Knights, Eat the Princess sort of way <which, truth be told, is a far better investment than Laundrettes, what with the way the price of fabric softener has gone...>.

Anyways, post a character concept, be ready for silly, with lots of elipsis, parethetical interjections and footnotes by the DM.
Wanna play!?!

Post a concept...

Human only, No Druids, no Monks,9th Level...of bugger, that bit is all in another post anyways. This was just suppossed to get you attention <Speaks to the Attention Gnomes> 'Hear,Hear!!! Where's that bit of fluffy yellow ribbon we were gonna put across the Title, eh!?! That would have got em posting.

Last edited:

GoldenEagle

First Post
I am all about the concept. I have a level 12 paladin in PBs game that seems to be ...like mythmere's (RIP). Since you know you're gonna run it ;) , how bout 12th...or 6th:D

GE

Velenne

Explorer
This would be great! I'd love to be the knight/paladin! But just out of curiousity, would this be more of a serious game, light-hearted game, or somewhere inbetween?

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Well, unlike my other 'Hey, what about this?' Games, where I get suckered (By myself, mostly) into running it...I wanted to play :p
I'm all about the Minstrel!

I was envisioning Don Quixote meets Monty Python and the Holy Grail...meets Princess Bride...meets
er...
ACK..Ok, I'm Doomed.

4 Players. first Dibs to the 4 who have posted within a day from now, then whoever asks.
+1 other player (Argent).
Perhaps 1-3 Fighter/Paladin types?
Don't worry about being a stiff and boring Paladin...Lancelot from MPatHG is Paladin Material...if twisted. I mean, Kill the Evil and all that right!?!
I'll do the Minstrel or the Wizard/Cleric as an NPC Cohort for Fighter/Paladin type 1...:D.I also make no promises about Familiars and Holy Warhorses...I think I'll let them both talk hehee. I love NPCs with personality.

So, the 1-3 Bashers (3 people mentioned wanting to be a Knight)and...a Squire? a Cleric? a Wizard?

9th Level. Humans only.
No Monks,Druids or Sorcerers.Paladins and Clerics worship 'God', they would never dare try and put a Name to him...HE wouldn't like that...Domains are any 2 that seem right. GOD is all about Warfare and Smiting the Infidel, as well as extorting from the Masses...er, I mean 'Protecting the Masses'.

35 point Buy, HP Max@1st and 3/4 after <D4=3,D6=4,D8=6,D10=7,D12=9>.

40,000GP, no more than 1/2 on any one item.

Paladins be aware, Warhorses are your only Special Steed Option initially. If you want to try to ride a Griffon that you encounter, good luck...but you won't start with one.

Core Books + the WOTC Class Books (Masters of the Wild,Song&Silence,Sword and Fist,Tome & Blood,Defenders of the Faith Feats from FRCS ok too, although I reserve judgement on anything from any of the above mentioned sources).

Er...no Ogre Knights.
Looking for a more Historical Dark Myths feel, and Shrek or Legolas sort of Ruin that...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I already reserved you a spot, Argent...see post above.
OK, Argent, and the 4 above as long as they post soon/within a day. The game will not be started until prob next Sunday, since my week will be REALLY long as far as work goes...off to sleep:a couple of 12 hour days remodelling a Nightclub UGH! Oh, the trials and travails of a lowly Floor Manager.
Argent, any character in mind?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads