• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Full Game: Land of the Seven Realms, Glossary and General Background

Badger

First Post
Back in town...

All,

Let me first day thank you for all your thoughts, as they were well appreciated. We got back into town last night, and after 13 hrs on the road, hit the bed like twin logs. On a light side, never believe an exhausted lady when she says she doesn't snore...

I am going to read the posts today, and try to get something out tonight. Seems like a nice debate on what we got after winning. All I have to do now is see what we won...

Thanks again, and I'll be back in the saddle soon...

Badger

Morwyld

First Post
Magic Items are generally made by commission. In a medium city like Tredeshan, it's fairly easy to find an appropriate caster to make an item for you.

It's a matter then of having the coin, and in the case of formidable items, the time to wait.

One metagamish limitation I put on the process, just to reflect the fact that there aren't legions of magic item makers out there, is that no person can have more then one item being made at a time.

In my home game, the characters are operating mostly in Northern Kythraen/Southern Shadowen, and have a well established base of operations in the city of Stonegate. So, that's where they do most of their magic item buying, from people they know and have a working relationship with.

If you are new to an area, and don't have that kind of rapport, it may take some information gathering, and some diplomacy, to get access to those who make items.

Generally speaking, though, things like potions and scrolls are much easier to get then more formidable items.

Morwyld

First Post
Notes on Tredeshan

City of Tredeshan

Population: 12,000 (Medium City)
Ruler: Yashiir ibn Siddig, et al, Satrap of Tredeshan, Elder of the Tredesh People.
Racial Mix: Human (90%), Halfling (5%) All others (5%)
Government: Single Ruler, with moderate guild council in support.
Military: 100 full time soldiery (Satrap's Guard) 300 militia can be called up from the city, and the Tredesh tribe would rally to the city's defense, and can muster another 1400 or so.
Alignments: N, NE, CN

Tredeshan is, in many ways, almost two cities. The city is situated on the East shore of the Crystal River, just at the point where the river falls down a series of cascades, and widens into the Bitter Mire delta. The High City is that part of the city above the cascades, on the bluff high above Mire below. The High City is roughly divided into three districts. They are Riverside, an area of docks, warehouses, taverns and inns, mostly dedicated to relieving rivermen of their cargos and coin in as efficient and direct a way as possible. The next district is the High Market, where goods are bought and sold, and most craftsmen ply their trade. The third is the Palace district, dominated by two features. The first is the Satrap's Palace, a grand structure that shows the wealth of the city and it's rulers. The second is more ominous. The Tower of Sorcery that once dominated the city, lies in ruins now. But those ruins are surrounded by a gateless wall, and the Satrap's Guard keeps a close eye on the ancient place of evil. The temple of Olidammara also lies in this district, as well as churches to many other faiths.

The Lower City is built up out of the Bitter Mire, and is definitely the lower class part of town. It too has three districts. The first is called Swampside, and serves much the same function as Riverside, catering to the swampmen who guide their barges through the Mire down to Freeport. The second District is Mud Alley, and is the abode of most of the poorer people in the town. The Satrap's Guard rarely appears in Mud Alley, and then only in considerable force. The last district is the Tombs, where the dead have been buried for centuries, in above ground mausoleums, since digging deeply is hard to do in the swampy ground. Many of the structures here have sunk fully or partially into the Mire, and only the most desperate person spends any more time here then necessary.

Immediate Notes: The Pink Heron is two miles north of the city, along the tradeway heading north towards Kythraen.

Morwyld

First Post
The Runners are just that. They started out as smugglers, basically a group of Swampsiders that avoided paying the Satrap's taxes on trade, and sometimes moved illegal items around. Eventually, they ran afoul of the cities more traditional thieve's guild, and blood flowed. When it was over, the Runners were the underworld power of Tredeshan.

That happened half a century ago, and now they are firmly entrenched.

Badger

First Post
Sorry...

All,

I will be leaving tomorrow for three weeks heading down to Camp Lejuene NC. While the base is pretty empty of marines at the moment, there is work that the Navy guys (me) and our civilian contractors can get down for this summer's training schedule.

I won't have steady internet access (civilians snatched up the laptops first), so I am removing Tragus as to not hold things up. I would love to come back, but I understand three weeks is a good chunk of time so if the slot is filled, maybe I can be put on the lurker list.

They say things always happen in threes in life, so I am hoping this is my third...

Thanks for a great game, and fate willing, I look foward to gaming with you all someway in the future...

Badger

LazarusLong42

First Post
Er... hello? Anyone there? The general consensus seemed to be that we were joining up; I was waiting for Morwyld to publish Ian's reactions and thoughts. Are we still moving?

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
I'm here, although I sort of lost track of this thread for a while. I too was under the impression that we were waiting for Morwyld.

You out there? I'm still looking forward to this one.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads