• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Full Game: Land of the Seven Realms, Glossary and General Background

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Readied actions

Hey no biggie as I don't think it will have much of an impact on the game or anything, but I wanted to ask about the readied action so I can understand.

If I was in the same situation as the Al-Kaboran Rogue, I would never think to ready an action because as it says on pg. 64 of the DMG "Don't allow players to use the ready action outside combat".

Just want to know if you rule on that differently, or if I misunderstand, so that I can ready similar actions as well if it comes down to it.

Morwyld

First Post
Readied action was probably a poor choice of words. What actually happened was that he wasn't entirely convinced by the playacting, since Smiles and Gwyn are acting nothing atall like the assassins were before. That and he made a fairly high sense motive roll vs. the bluffs.

Smiles was a shade faster, and got his attack off, but the guy was able to respond before Gwyn could enter the fray.

In any case, now we'll see how it plays out.

Poor Smiles is having NO luck with that sap of his. heh

Morwyld

First Post
Heh, looking back over things, it looks more like Taem and Tragus did the healing on him.

But I'm fairly sure he's aware of Gwyn and Smiles

LazarusLong42

First Post
Cordo: I tend to agree with using the PH standard distribution method. The only problem in this case is that there's not enough money to compensate for the magic items (the wand is at least third-level and I'm betting it has a fair number of charges left; it's probably worth about 1500-2000 gold. And the glove is worth 2200).

I'm willing to act as treasurer so that, even if we can't get a perfect distribution from the take from this battle, we can even out what people get after the next battle (i.e. whoever get the wand and the glove aren't getting much, if anything, from the next battle.)

May I also suggest a party fund, say, 5-10%, for things like cure potions/scrolls and 100-gp pearls for identify spells? (Not to mention bribes, tolls, and whatever else may come up).

Speaking of identify: Morwyld, do you use the standard (ugh) 8-hour duration for the spell?

I'll get a list of (metagamed) prices for the known items up shortly.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Lazarus I agree with your suggestions including the 10% party fund. My background thinking was that since things have to be identified (we don't have the command words for the wand and glove, right?) we will just collect the treasure from several battles until it becomes a good break point in game to divide treasure. If we go that route for some items there might be temporary users before the formal division (and we have to decide who will "hold" the potions).

We should probably spread unidentified stuff around so that if someone is captured or killed (knock on wood ;)) we won't lose everything. I've seen that happen in game before.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Wands are spell-trigger items, and Kintys knows what spell it is, so she should be able to pick it up and use it--assuming this is the case in Morwyld's universe. The use for identify on that is number of charges and level. But right, we don't know the command on the glove.

Your suggestion makes good sense, though. I think stuff can be spread around pretty easily, given the number of people we have. :)

Anyone else have opinions?

Thordain

First Post
Before we start assigning magic items, I'd like to know how easy it is to purchase them. If you have to travel to some faraway town to buy something like a glove of storing, they become more valuable :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads