• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Full Game: Land of the Seven Realms, Glossary and General Background

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Badger hasn't logged in for several days so I would suggest we go ahead making a reasonable assumption of what he would have Tragus do - namely follow up on his attack on the merchant (of course moving into a position to allow flanking by Smiles again ;)).

In fact, I would suggest that we all try to get our actions in a half a round early. If we could do a half round each day, each person getting a move every other day, it would be great.

Morwyld

First Post
Yeah, I've started doing that. Badger, when you return, you can take the reigns again.

And, since it's been due for about forever now, behold, Finger of Flame.

Finger of Flame

Evocation [Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V,S,M
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Medium
Target: 1 creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: Yes

The spellcaster issues a thin beam of flame, that issues from him, to the target creature. If the caster makes a successful ranged touch attack, the target creature takes 1d6 damage plus 2 for each level of the caster, up to a maximum of + 20 at 10th.

The material component for this spell is a twig of wood that has been singed in a flame.

Last edited:

Morwyld

First Post
The next spell in the series is Hand of Flame.

Hand of Flame

Evocation [Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V,S,F
Effect: 1ft. radius "hand"
Duration: 1 rnd/level
Save: Reflex Half

Hand of Flame allows the caster to create a 1 foot radius flaming hand, that moves as the caster desires. The hand darts about quickly (60 ft flight, perfect manueverability) within the spell's range. If the hand leaves the spell range, it winks out of existence.

Any creature in contact with the Hand takes 3d6 fire damage, increasing by 1d6 per two levels beyond the mininum required to cast the spell. (maximum of 5d6) A reflex save allows the target to take half damage.

The caster can direct the hand with a movement action, as with a flaming sphere.

Arcane Focus: A small carving of a flaming hand, cost 1 gp.

Badger

First Post
Absence

All,

I will be returning to Va in a day or two, and will be able to catch up fully then. I apologize for the sudden disappearance, but a death in the family hit us out of the blue, and I had to leave town to return home.

I apologize again and am sorry for any delay I caused during this time.

Thanks...

Badger

LazarusLong42

First Post
Badger: Sorry to hear of your loss.

All: Thoughts on treasure-distribution methods? There's not much money for auctioning things off, but it'd be impractical to sell most of these items. *Kintys drools over wand* :)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Badger, I am sorry to hear as well. I hope that all is as good as can be.

As far as treasure, I think we should gove something to the innkeeper, so as to keep his mouth shut about the spontaneous battle in his Inn, as well as compensating him for the carnage...Fireball and all.
Man, that just runs havoc with the paint...

Providing Kukris are fairly common in this land, we should be able to turn them over in a weapons shoppe etc...

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Badger, my sympathies regarding your loss.

As far as treasure distribution, I prefer using the system in the PH. Sometimes people say it is a bit metagamish, but we could say it's a standard "adventuring contract" between people who throw their lot together in groups.

Smiles will be interested in the glove of storing because:
1) It would allow him to quickdraw a dagger in a surprise round or early in a battle to catch enemies flatfooted and get sneak attack damage.
2) When he is working undercover as he is right now, again it is a good way to be able to pop out a weapon as a free action and apply sneak attack damage, without having to hold an obvious weapon in his hand.
3) If he ever needs to scout ahead he can keep stones or other objects with light and or darkness spells to blind creatures or make quick getaways (objects stay in stasis when in the glove so they don't create light/darkness and their durations don't go down)

Morwyld

First Post
Badger, let me add my sympathies as well.

Just a note on the Tulwar, it's a weapon that bears the same relation to a scimitar that a bastard sword bears a longsword.

Exotic Weapon
1d8 slash 18-20 crit
Wt. 10 lbs Cost 35 gp

It's quite common in al'Kar, more common then the bastard sword, since fighting folk in al'Kar tend more toward scimitars then the straight sword favored further north.

Morwyld

First Post
Triad of Flame

Evocation [Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V,S,M
Effect: Three bolts of flame
Duration: Instantaneous
Save: No

The caster is able to send forth three bolts of flame in a fan shape. The spell generates three rays of flame, each doing 1d6 per level of the caster (Maximum of 15d6). Each ray requires a seperate ranged touch attack on it's target.

No target may be struck by more then one ray, and all targets must be within 30' of another.

Material component: Handful of coal dust mixed with 25 gp worth of crushed diamond.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads